Taking my life back! Any "Country Folk" out there?

Options
Hello everyone and nice to be here. From all the good things I've heard about MFP, hopefully I'll turn in to one of the success stories LOL.

I've written about myself in my profile, please feel free to take a look if you'd like.

Would love to have a few friends to go through this part of my journey with as it will take me a little while to get to my goal, but I'm determined to make it work and to create a new healthier life.

It would definitely be a plus if any of you are outdoorsmen/women as you guys would probably "get what I'm trying to accomplish" as well as be able to understand my "redneckish, country" personality LOL. I'm definitely not a city person and would love to be able to share different recipes for all the "wild game" that our land provides to each of us as well as tips on how you cope with this kind of lifestyle and becoming or staying healthy. Down home country cooking is not always the healthiest LOL, but I like to try and find ways to keep the taste while making it better for me. Right now though, just concentrating on getting some of this weight off before venturing out too far with fancier cooking LOL

I've spoken with my doctor and set my nutritional goals. They may change as time progresses, but for now..... away I go!

Who's with me? :smile:

Replies

• JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I live in Chicago, Illinois now (work) but grew up and went to college and graduate school in rural parts of Missouri and Wisconsin, so I know all about extra breaded chicken fried steak with gravy, BBQ Brisket, cheese and grits casserole, etc. etc. etc. My Mom is a beast in the kitchen. I still hunt and fish when I get out of the city on the weekends, but Illinois sucks for deer, quail, and duck, which are my preferred game.

I am only a couple of weeks into this myself, but feel free to add me if you like.
  • BackwoodsDarlin
    BackwoodsDarlin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to add that I would really love friends who are willing to share their diaries That helps in SO many ways! :smile:
  • edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Louisiana here , country and proud