MFP telling me I'm not eating enough...

Options
I've been eating LCHF for the past couple of months. During that time I've dropped about 17 pounds. I've noticed a few times at the end of the day when I close out my diary it tells me that I'm not eating enough. Today it happened again. I am currently 48 years old and weight about 242. I have my daily calorie goal set to 1800. I'm trying to stick to an %80/15/5, (fat/protein/carbs). This morning I just had my usual coffee then didn't eat until lunch. I had a pretty good lunch and was pretty full after eating, broccoli, salad with spinach, lettuce, sliced cucumbers, and kale, plus about 70g of meat from a leftover pork chop.
When I got home from work I checked my macros in the app and my carbs were a little high because of the broccoli I had at lunch.
For dinner I had an avocado with some coconut oil plus about 50g of leftover chicken, (I weighed it).
So for the day I've only consumed about 1200 but I have not been hungry or had any cravings.
Hell, just to get up to 1200 calories I had to go back and eat 2 slices of cheese with mayo and it still wouldn't let me log the day!
Very frustrating.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    The minimum calories for men is 1500. So yep, eat mooooore!
  • topfighter78
    topfighter78 Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    The minimum calories for men is 1500. So yep, eat mooooore!

right now im 88kg 178 high and 38 years old and MFP tells me to eat 1200 calories aday :open_mouth: (i eat around 1600 and thats fine for me and im not hungry).

I just want to warn people to actually follow the advice of MFP as its directly harmfull to follow.