i get cranky when I can't work out....

Options
I get so cranky when I'm not able to work out. Do you guys ever experience this?

Replies

• Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I also wonder if there's something to this as well. It's strange but I have definitely noticed a difference.
  • Nnsando
    Nnsando Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm a big grouch when I can't workout or when my routine gets messed with. I'm often told I'm too obsessed.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm the same. If I have to miss my early morning cycle ride I am in a foul mood all day (had to miss one this week due to a puncture, I didn't have time for it after the puncture was repaired).

If I also have to miss my daily walk then don't come near me as you'll get your head ripped off.

Needless to say, I exercise in all weathers.

My daughter says that I am addicted to exercise. I think it's the endorphins.
  • Mandygring
    Options
    Oh yeah, you're probably right
  • AngeloInTexas
    AngeloInTexas Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I think you're always cranky so there ya go
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, so work out, or at least take a walk!
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Yeah same with me and it's hard to take rest days like that. I'm sure I'm addicted to the endorphins.

What I found out worjs for me is restorative low impact exercize on rest days. Try to take a long walk or do some leisurely swimming or cycling or even stretching / yoga.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Same here. I need at least a walk and I hate rest days!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I think most people who exercise regularly get cranky or agitated when they can't workout...you're missing out on the endorphin rush...and for me, riding is a stress outlet.
  • mccokat
    mccokat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Running is my "me" time. I just get to rock out to music and get all the endorphins. It's a win win.
    Obviously I get miffed when I don't get enough. I just need to remember that next time I'm in a bad mood...
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I do!!! Also....anyone stopping me from working out.....BEWARE!!! I may have to hurt you!!! >:)
  • Mandygring
    Options
    I think you're always cranky so there ya go
    Hahaha

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I ran in a hurricane yesterday if that tells you anything. And yes, it sucked.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I get cranky, anything less than an hour is a break day
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Definitely, my attitude changes big time.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. I loathe rest days. It helps if I can at least do a YouTube yoga video.

I think a huge contributing factor to my postpartum depression was suddenly not taking time for myself to exercise. I didn't feel normal until I got back into it, and then it was like a lightbulb turned on.
  • MrsBenTarr
    MrsBenTarr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If I don't work out in the morning before work, I am off all day.