A fresh start after a bad year

Options
Last year I build a pretty solid foundation for my health and fitness, and 2016 was supposed to be the year I was going to focus on keeping up the healthy routine. This came to a sad end when I got a concussion in February. After months of being barely able to work, work out and just generally do anything besides lying on the couch, I’m finally back to working fulltime and it’s time for me to pick my fitness routine back up. Doing nothing all day hasn’t exactly been great for my eating habits either so I’ll have to work on pushing my weight back down as well. Bring it on!

A little bit about myself: I’m a Dutch 27-year-old web designing, game-loving geek, passionate about web standards, photography, technology and anything Playstation. This pretty much means I either sit behind my shiny MacBook creating awesome things or saving the world from certain doom on my Playstation (3/4/Vita). Not the most ideal situation when you want to get in shape.

I try to bike to work every day (22km roundtrip) and enjoy weight training, swimming and kickboxing. Last year I also worked on learning to run with Zombies, Run. Due to my downtime I’ll probably have to start from scratch, but the runners high will be worth it in the end! I plan on focusing on trying to stay healthy with balanced food choices (nothing is off limits!) and keep challenging myself with new and fun workouts to stay motivated. Losing weight will follow as a result, but it won’t be my main focus.

In my downtime I lost access to my old account so I’m starting fresh with a new one. Downside – no friends for support, so I’m looking for likeminded people with similar interests to keep me motivated. So if you feel we’d hit it off, please add me as a friend and I’ll do my best to keep you motivated to be the best you can be.

Replies