What is going on ?!

Options
2»

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You aren't eating enough. If your calories go to low, your body doesn't have enough fuel. Eat a bit more calories from protein and see how that works.

Eating more won't result in losing more - most of us wouldn't be here if it did.

I have experienced this before. If you don't fuel your body for fat burning, it won't burn fat. It's a catch 22 but it's real. If I go above a certain number I won't lose, and in turn if I go below a certain number I won't lose either. Every body is different and you have to learn how your body reacts to certain things. Eating more foods that help the body burn fat, help you lose more. Your body needs a certain amount of calories, just to operate daily bodily functions. If nothing is left to burn fat, you won't.

No one is ever overweight because they're eating too little. Please ignore this, OP.

I agree and disagree with all these posts.

For starters, eating more does not cause you to loose weight, this is completely inaccurate. If you are consistently in a calories deficit, the stall is not a stall, it is slowed and masked by massive amounts of water retention. Eating too low calories does add and compound stress on the body.

When you eat more you have released the body of its stress per se and the water retention and even some fat stores have been released.

Your body is an incredible machine as it does all it can to protect you at all costs.. This is not a sciency explanation but tried to explain in layman terms.

edited for clarity.. as well as, never go below your calorie deficit threshold, it compounds what you are trying to achieve in weight loss goals. Consistency with your daily calories and logging accuracy (to assure you are in your deficit daily) will prove weight loss results.. and some patience.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Elle129 wrote: »
    For about a month I've had an okay diet and going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week doing weight training and cardio.

I didn't really lose any weight so i thought maybe i need to control my diet even more.

I got my wisdom teeth out a week ago and I've probably been consuming about 600 to 700 calories a day due to pudding and soup diet.

Also have been doing light cardio and body weight exercises. But very little change in weight and no change on inches.

What's going on and what can i do?

I used to lose weight quite easily and for some reason the past 2 months they're has been no change.

Work harder,
    lift heavier, be more intense in the gym.
    Stop doing cardio and only lift weights.
    Accurately track what you are eating
    Be more active throughout the day
    IE you work in an office, answer emails in person (get off your *kitten* is what I am getting at)
    Be more active period.
    I'd be eating more then 600-700 calories
    Come to terms with the fact that everything is not linear and you won't be constantly losing weight and it doesn't fall off fast
    Sweat is a indication that you are starting to work hard, once it starts work even harder
    Imagine where you would be today if you gave it your all and put in 100% effort a year ago on this day! Seriously think about it!!! Imagine if you went for that promotion, actually tried to make more money to get further in life... where could you be a year from now if you gave it your all on a daily basis. If you left all your excuses behind you as of today, your tired, to bad go to the gym! You're not feeling well? - to bad go to the gym! You just don't feel like it- to bad go to the gym. You have no time? - Shut the hell up no one has time, people make time for the things that matter to them.

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    You aren't eating enough. If your calories go to low, your body doesn't have enough fuel. Eat a bit more calories from protein and see how that works.

Eating more won't result in losing more - most of us wouldn't be here if it did.

I have experienced this before. If you don't fuel your body for fat burning, it won't burn fat. It's a catch 22 but it's real. If I go above a certain number I won't lose, and in turn if I go below a certain number I won't lose either. Every body is different and you have to learn how your body reacts to certain things. Eating more foods that help the body burn fat, help you lose more. Your body needs a certain amount of calories, just to operate daily bodily functions. If nothing is left to burn fat, you won't.

No one is ever overweight because they're eating too little. Please ignore this, OP.

I agree and disagree with all these posts.

For starters, eating more does not cause you to loose weight, this is completely inaccurate. If you are consistently in a calories deficit, the stall is not a stall, it is slowed and masked by massive amounts of water retention. Eating too low calories does add and compound stress on the body.

When you eat more you have released the body of its stress per se and the water retention and even some fat stores have been released.

Eating tooooo low causes the body to fight against the law of dynamics. Your body is an incredible machine as it does all it can to protect you at all costs.. This is not a sciency explanation but tried to explain in layman terms.

I disagree with the last part. The laws of physics cannot be broken. The only thing I can think of protection wise is the cannibalization of organs and muscles in severe anorexia in order to keep one alive. But even then, cico still applies. An anorexic won't gain or lose weight until they either eat less than they burn or gain unless they eat more. But if you're severely anorexic you have a whollllllle lot of other problems to worry about.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    good point.. I will update my post to correct that.