Looking For Accountability Buddies!

cricket12
cricket12 Posts: 5
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Hi. I have just joined MFP today after a long discussion with my husband last night on how I needed to lose weight. My weight has been an issue for the last couple of years and I struggle to stay motivated and on track with my weight loss plan! I need to lose 50 lbs just to get to the "healthy weight" I need to be at. I would be very happy with that considering that was what I weighed in high school and when I was in the best shape of my life (and caught my hubby's eye). I know that I can do it. I just have to make weight loss a priority in my life right now! That's pretty hard for me! I am looking for some friends to help me stay focused and on track with my weight loss. I have made several attempts to lose weight in the last couple of months, but never stick with them. Any takers??

Replies

• hawaiibound
    hawaiibound Posts: 158
    I'm in....I know what thats like. We can do this together. I will be hard on ya though lol
  • lyndsloo
    lyndsloo Posts: 242
    Count me in as well!
  • sbarham
    sbarham Posts: 44 Member
    I'd love to and could use it myself! MFP helps keep us accounable by letting our friends view how many calories we've burned, if we finished our food journal that day, if it was under our calorie goal, etc. It's great!
  • Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    Welcome to MFP! You can count me in. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • georgette70
    georgette70 Posts: 158
    Feel free to add me as a friend :happy: I know the accountablity has played a huge postive role this time around with my weight loss. Welcome to MFP!
  • jlvand
    jlvand Posts: 11
    count me in too! it's not always easy but if you make it a priority it will work! I am on my way to losing 50+ pounds myself...feel free to add me as a friend.
  • hey..i know how you feel,i needed to loose 67lbs to get into a healthy bmi bracket,so far ive lost 53....you can do it i am more than happy to offer my support to you good luck hun xx
  • cricket12
    cricket12 Posts: 5
    Thanks for all the encouragement!! Think i have added all of you! :)
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Im here with you girl, i still have about 20lbs or more i would like to lose!!! We can do this, just have to make working out and eating right a priority!!! No matter what is going on in a day we can spare a little time for a small workout, and the eating right comes with time, if you slip up just get back on track the next meal!!! And dont get frustrated when the weight doesnt come off as fast as you want it too. Ive been doing this for 15 weeks and lost 13lbs, about a pound a week.... remember you will be replacing fat with muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Dont just weigh yourself also take your measurements; some weeks the only difference you may see will be on the measuring tape and doing that will keep you motivated too. And drink lots of water, i drink a glass before i eat most of the time and that seems to help me feel full quicker!!! Hope to see you on here everyday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    It's all about support! Count me in as well! I'm in this for the long run and don't plan to be going anywhere soon!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    I'm looking for friends to encourage and to receive encouragement from!!! We've both lost 4 lbs...Yeah Us!!!
This discussion has been closed.