Question for anyone

lburks89
lburks89 Posts: 6 Member
I admit i am horrible at logging my meals. But i pretty much got the routine down that i feel that i dont have to log them. Am I making a mistake??? Hmmmm

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    You risk eating more calories than you think you are, but it's up to you.
  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    I don't log my food most days. Some days I log until dinner and then stop. Right now I'm paying attention to protein and not calories, but when I was losing weight I'd do the same thing. Log breakfast, lunch, snacks, figure out where I am in terms of dinner (I need a lot of protein today, let's have tacos; I've had plenty of protein, how 'bout something light?), and I'm done. Logging is a tool, not your master. It helps you (1) make informed decisions, and (2) learn new habits or refine the ones you have.

Somebody told me "anything you won't do for the rest of your life is a fad diet." That's debatable, but even if you don't agree, there's a point there. I don't think most of us intend to do this for the rest of our lives (but it still benefits us). When I was heavier, I used to eat a whole pint of iced cream for dessert sometimes. I haven't had a pint of iced cream in my apartment since July or August. My priorities have just changed, I don't enjoy it as much as I enjoy being lean. You said you feel like you have the routine down, so, maybe you've come to the same place too.

Weigh yourself, at least once a week, ideally every morning before you eat or drink anything. If you start gaining weight, then you'll do something about it. If not, be happy and keep doing what you're doing. 75 % of people who've lost weight and kept it off weight themselves at least once a week. (Source)