Motivated with lots of restrictions

Options
I'm a stay at home mom with a lot of physical challenges, prohibiting me from vigorous work outs, however this weight HAS to go...somebody HELP me!!! I'm motivated and READY for this life change!! Add me!

Replies

• zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a clumsy person who started this weight loss journey and had many, many injuries/surgeries along the way. if you are interested in exercising, there are tons of ways to move with modifications. I love, and I always go back to, Shaun T's Rockin' Body program when I'm injured. It's very low impact with fun music and easy dance steps to follow. I lost 20 lbs with his program. There is a 15 minute one, 30 minute and 45 minute routine. You could follow his calendar or just start with the simple one. There are more difficult DVD's in the program, but you can skip those. I found the workouts so fun that I would often double them up, and still throw them in when I just need a fun cardio. And it's very affordable!

Just find something low impact that can keep you motivated! Shaun T does that for me. He is fabulous!
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    What kind of work-out can you do? Can you go on walks? Can you do pilates? I've found that the Blogilates Beginner's calendar is a great place to start-- it slowly builds muscle, and there are modified moves for when you're like "Yeah.. I literally can't bend that way!" Also it's totally free. You can do it on the floor in your living room :smile:

On top of that, diet is 90% of weight loss! Exercising just tones and makes you lose the weight a bit faster. Make sure you're eating at a deficit. If you're home all day, make sure there aren't foods that you will just nibble on. Some of my weaknesses are M&Ms, cheese, and cereal, so I make sure they don't even enter the front door!

You can do it! I have an open diary if you wanna add me and we can help motivate each other!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Exercise isn't needed for weight loss and MFP is actually designed to help someone lose weight without it. Enter your personal information into the tool, tell it how fast you want to lose weight (but be reasonable or you won't be able to accomplish it) and you'll get a daily calorie goal. Eat the foods you like while honestly and accurately logging them in the tool, stay as close to that goal as possible on most days and you'll lose weight. Don't "cheat", don't fudge, don't choose entries because they're the lowest and you should see consistent results over time.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom with a lot of physical challenges, prohibiting me from vigorous work outs, however this weight HAS to go...somebody HELP me!!! I'm motivated and READY for this life change!! Add me!

The weight will come off by eating in a calorie deficit. Exercise is a bonus for your body! :wink: ZombieMom's shared some ideas for you that sounds like good ones. YouTube has some great chair workouts, from Yoga to Zumba to every thing in-between you could imagine, check it out!

Good Luck :smiley: