My body weight wont budge

Options
Hello everyone.
So i have been working out and eating relatively clean for 3 years now! I started at 165lbs then slowly and surely got to 138lbs. I know its not much but from the pics anyone can see the huge difference.
Well, now i kinda changed my work out pattern. While in the past i was doing more cardio, now I am totally into strenght training. I go to gym 5 days a week and work out all my muscle group according the days. However i noticed i gained couple of pounds and its been 1 month i am stuck at 140lbs. I dont know why i wont lose weight. I am hoping its cuz of muscle gain but i am worried anyway.
So i was wondering if i am doing anything wrong:/ my ideal weight is 127lbs. I am 5.3 btw.

Any advice would be appreciated

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you counting calories?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain a few pounds of muscle in a month. It is probably water retention.
  • hide9_seek7
    hide9_seek7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Are you counting calories?

i started counting calories again. i am not going over tho
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Your answer is in here somewhere:

0mfnw63jkk6q.jpg
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Water retention from a new workout routine is my guess.
  • hide9_seek7
    Options
    You didn't gain a few pounds of muscle in a month. It is probably water retention.

any suggestion how i can avoid it?
  • hide9_seek7
    Options
    Your answer is in here somewhere:

0mfnw63jkk6q.jpg
    thank you this is very informative:)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options

You've already retained the water. It will go away in a few weeks. Prepare for a weight loss woosh!

I'm assuming you are consuming plenty of liquid - yes? That can help reduce water retention, but it won't prevent it from starting weight lifting.
  • hide9_seek7
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

You've already retained the water. It will go away in a few weeks. Prepare for a weight loss woosh!

I'm assuming you are consuming plenty of liquid - yes? That can help reduce water retention, but it won't prevent it from starting weight lifting.

i am trying to consume a lot of water but sometimes i forget:(

oh and i also drink protein powder after my work outs. I forgot to mention that.

so you are saying weight lifting may be the culprit for the water retention?

P.S. thank you for info btw:)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    "now I am totally into strength training" Since you introduced the discussion with this assertion, I infer that you are lifting weights that are heavy to you and increasing the heft of your lift frequently. That's the way strength training happens (along with some other details). Doing that to your muscles causes micro-tears in your muscle tissue. This is the cause of muscle soreness on a day after you hit a muscle group. That muscle soreness is your body repairing the muscle and trying to make it stronger than before. Your body needs extra water at the site of the repair to do the repair. Accept that pound of water as a badge of victory,
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale to measure all your solid and semi solid foods?
    Do you weigh the protein powder?