All mothers!! Will I ever lose the belly poch?

casandra_zamarripa
casandra_zamarripa Posts: 133 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I had my son one year and three months ago
I'm coming down from a little over 200, I'm finally back down to 127
No matter how small I get I still have that belly pooch ;( it's like a little mushy skin at the bottom of my belly (From pregnacy)
Will this ever go away?
Did yours? How long did it take?
I just want to tighten my tummy again and I'm having a hard time
It's only noticeable if I'm in push-up position or sitting down (Rolls) from it or laying on my side
But I def need some advice??

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    stuck with it i'm afraid. standing up i look lean AF - sitting down - rolls.

Some people say to do some scrubs like coffee scrub or something like that or use ATP products - there is some sort of cream from ATP labs that supposedly helps. I can't remember the name it gets talked about in some competition prepping sites I am a member of.

• casandra_zamarripa
    edited September 2016
    77nqu0c51f5b.jpeg
    I'm going to cry if I'm stuck with it foreverrrrr ;(
  • nikkigagnon85
    nikkigagnon85 Posts: 1 Member
    That's a pretty big weight loss, I'd be happy to have a nearly taught tummy after that! I'm 3 months postpartum and also wondering this, I only gained 30lbs but have diastasis recti, normal weight pre pregnancy is 133, I'm 144 right now so 11lbs to go and hoping to tone the mommy pooch.
  • Cahgetsfit
    vasoburn - https://mpasupps.com/products/vasoburn

ATP Science Subcut - http://atpscience.com/shop/transdermal-cream/subcut/

other than that many people said to scrub really hard in the shower - use a scrub brush and scrub stuff like ground coffee beans - then when you come out moisturise the shite out of it with vitamin E cream or lanolin
  • Cahgetsfit
    Oh - and another one I just read - haemorrhoid cream twice a day.
  • Great thanks bunches I will check it out! And if for some reason I find a miracle I will let everyone know
  • casandra_zamarripa
    edited September 2016
    janjunie wrote: »
    @casandra_zamarripa it looks like you have a mix of loose skin and some fat. I've had three kids and after my third started going to the gym. Over the 8 months that I was going to the gym I got down to the lowest BF% I've probably ever been at. I never noticed loose skin until I had a flat stomach. I will always have a bit of loose skin there and who knows if I have more kids it could get worse. No creams are going to fix this problem, it's genetics and consider yourself lucky, you've lost over 70 lbs and don't look like a melting candle.

Thanks so much! Is it possible to build muscle and still lie weight without burning muscle also?? I was trying to lose more weight but everyone keeps saying I'm too skinny now and that I need to stop and just build muscle! I'm so confused cuz I do still feel I need to lose fat. But how do I lose fat and build muscle at the same time? Is what I'm currently doing good for this?
    Monday-sat 1-1&1/2 hour weight training 5-10 maybe 15 mins of elliptical?

• Should I be doing more cardio?
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    I want a stomach like yours! I know I'm going to have lose skin from pregnancies so close together.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Should I be doing more cardio?

not necessarily. slow and steady is the key. the weight training will increase fat burning anyway. cardio won't burn your belly pudge.

It will reduce in time :)
  • Thanks ladies
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    If that's all you ended up after a baby and 73 pound pound weight loss, that is great! Try the creams and scrubs if you really need to, but don't overfocus on a tiny area to the point where you don't appreciate your overall appearance.

If you have another baby, try not to gain as much...you may not be as lucky with stretched skin/stretchmarks the second time (or maybe I was just unlucky that way). It can be a LOT worse than what you have shown.
  • ahyman2015
    ahyman2015 Posts: 5 Member
    I had twins 5 years ago. I've done everything and even run marathons. I still have my pooch
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    ^^Agree! You look really great for dropping that much weight. You can still reduce it, but it may never totally go away. I'm like @Cahgetsfit. Standing up I look great. Get me into a plank and look out. And still rolls when sitting. That's at about 16%BF.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,322 Member
    I'd put coconut oil on before a bath or shower..then get a loofa and massage that area. Do that for six weeks and see if it makes a difference. You look great..and that looks like it will go away. A last resort would be one of the new lasers that melt fat and tighten skin.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    I'd say lift weights over more cardio. My kid is almost 5, I had her when I was 42. Obviously, my skin is not going to be as forgiving as it was in my 20s or even 30s. I do lifting, mainly and a little cardio. My stomach is flat. But, I also have a little loose skin from the weight loss and if I am doing a plank-yuck! In my case, I don't think it's going anywhere because I'm 47 & aging skin doesn't bounce back so easily. But I can wear a bikini confidently again because, standing up, my stomach is flat.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    I've had 4 kids and my youngest is 20 months. I've lost 90 lbs since he was born, down to 125. I could lose more fat for sure (I'm short) but I'm over it at this point so I'm in maintenance. My tummy has that saggy look that is especially bad when I'm in a plank position or sitting down. But I'm happy enough with it that I wear a bikini and feel confident. After 4 kids and 90 lbs lost I know there's going to be loose skin and stretch marks and I don't care. I do strength training and cardio and I do think that the strength training has helped.