Keto saved me!

Options
I have been doing Keto for 31 days and my results are insane. I work out moderately and eat less than 20g of carbs a day(1800 calories daily give or take). I never feel hungry in between meals or at night. On a regular basis I tell my battle buddy that I feel like this diet is cheating... Almost 20 lbs in one month. I started at 288 and the goal is 190. Hope everyone else is seeing results.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Gotta love it when weight loss is almost easy. :)
  • JudyKenova6437
    JudyKenova6437 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What does a day in your diet look like? I've just begun discovering this method as well.
    Today had 1/2 cup heavy cream with pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and a little stevia whipped! It was so awesome!!
  • socalepidemik1904
    Options
    I did for like one day. It subsides, if you do make sure to stick with it. It'll pass, just a readjustment for your body. 100 grams of carbs is a lot! You seem like you are at a good weight... Are you shooting for something particular?
  • katielynn107
    katielynn107 Posts: 58 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    How did you figure out where to set your carb goal? I've seen a lot of calculators on different websites- just wondering what worked for you in terms of getting that number?
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    What does a day in your diet look like? I've just begun discovering this method as well.
    Today had 1/2 cup heavy cream with pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and a little stevia whipped! It was so awesome!!

I have to try this tomorrow. It sounds sooooooooooo Amazing!!! Was it cold or hot?
  • JudyKenova6437
    Options
    MrsKila wrote: »

I have to try this tomorrow. It sounds sooooooooooo Amazing!!! Was it cold or hot?

It was cold
  • JudyKenova6437
    Options
    Was like eating pumpkin pie!!
  • DreFitt
    DreFitt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this...I've been doing Keto for one week, i'm down 7pounds!!! I'm in shock and I'm in that "too good to be true" phase now. LOL! I think this is mostly water weight? I eat meat and cheese, nuts (handful at a time) and veggies. I usually have eggs and ham in the morning. Today, I had a HUGE salad from Qdoba, with double chicken, veggies, cheese! It was amazing. I also have a Starbuck addiction, so my go to now is, a Venti, iced coffee, with HWC and substitute the classic for SF cinnamon dolce syrup. SO GOOD! I look forward to following you, and seeing your success!

That Starbucks drink sounds amazing!
  • furry180
    furry180 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Is Atkin keto diet....
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Keto was too restrictive for me and I felt like crap. Been able to lose weight just normal calorie counting and consistent exercise. I still try to cut sugars overall, but love me some carbs for sports performance.
  • amazingamanda12
    amazingamanda12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, day 2 for me! I struggle with carbs, and I'm actually gluten intolerant so double whammy but is my weakness. So going back to square one and cut addiction. Just made best lamb baked dinner with baked greens, omg! And said no to huge morning tea at playgroup today. Feeling the flu effects but looking forward to a smaller butt!
  • gillmores
    gillmores Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ok this is all new to me!! Going to go research Keto diets!! Thanks so much for sharing everyone :)
  • urban_traveller
    urban_traveller Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done on the loss and it's great you've found what works for you. You have lost weight because you have reduced your calories and are eating in a deficit not because of the macronutrient break down or because Keto is magic.

Looks like you know what you are talking about

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!