Success in progress

Options
I was going to wait until I hit the 50 mark but I put on a sweater I haven't since September and couldn't resist.

SW: 302 (April 25)
CW: 255 (Sept 2)
GW: 160s

I've lost 47lbs, or 7.4 bmi points! I'm officially in my college weight range, and the lowest I've been in eight years. I still eat "normal" foods (ice cream, pizza, burgers, etc) but portions are far better controlled & I'm getting loads more exercise. Why did I ever give up on MFP in the first place? (Tried it for a couple months back in 2012).

Still got a way to go, but the progress so far feels amazing!

Replies

• lauractemple85
    lauractemple85 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Keep going!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Yay! You're on your way! Keep it going. :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Great job! Keep up the fantastic work and stay consistent!
  • 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    cinnag4225 wrote: »
    I was going to wait until I hit the 50 mark but I put on a sweater I haven't since September and couldn't resist.

SW: 302 (April 25)
    CW: 255 (Sept 2)
    GW: 160s

I've lost 47lbs, or 7.4 bmi points! I'm officially in my college weight range, and the lowest I've been in eight years. I still eat "normal" foods (ice cream, pizza, burgers, etc) but portions are far better controlled & I'm getting loads more exercise. Why did I ever give up on MFP in the first place? (Tried it for a couple months back in 2012).

Still got a way to go, but the progress so far feels amazing!

I think the app / website has improved immensely
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Really great!!! Carry on!!!!
  • PrettyBrownEyes85
    Options
    Any tips for a beginner ?
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Any tips for a beginner ?

Invest in a food scale that weighs in grams (I got mine for ten bucks at Walmart). This is the single-most effective tool for monitoring intake and assisting in weight loss.

If you have a particularly mindless/boredom food, eliminate it. It's not fun at first, but with patience you'll reach a point where you don't need it. I was already pretty well of soda because they're too sweet for my liking, but I had to consciously remove potato chips from my diet because I could eat an entire bag in a sitting without realizing it (truth be told, I think I'm still capable of it).

Also, if you get fast food get just the entrée without the side dish. Recently I went to MacDonalds and the fries were an extra 300+ calories (which I ended up not eating anyway because I was full from the burger).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!