Achieved my Olympic Marathon Swim goal today

Options
fishgutzy
fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
Had a great swim today. Started at 11:10AM and finished lap 219 at 3:03PM. Did one more to round it out to 220 laps.
So a lap over 10KM.
No too bad. Last July I was doing a mile and started pushing a little. Did my first 5KM swim last August.
For some crazy reason I decided to set a goal of completing an equivalent Olympic Marathon swim.
Next goal is in the weight room. Dead lift my weight.

Replies

• ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a pretty cool NSV
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! even bigger accomplishment because it was done in the pool. distance is always easier in calm open water.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! even bigger accomplishment because it was done in the pool. distance is always easier in calm open water.
    Need a sarcasm font :bigsmile:
    Open water is a lot harder. Can't count of a calm day. And you can't leave two bottles of G2 mixed water to sip from every 12 laps :)
    I don't swim fast enough to consider participating in competitive swimming.
    I have thought of seeing if I can do a long swim in one of the lakes around here. But most have near zero public access without a boat.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Fantastic job! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!