Carbs or protein for breakfast.

Options
2»

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I only eat it only on the weekends and it's almost always protein heavy. I prefer to eat my carbs at night if I need energy the next day. That said, I will throw in pancakes to help my energy and my evil id at times. Find the combo that works for you.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I usually do a mix of both but focus on getting at least 20 grams of protien. I am obsessed with oatmeal with protien powder right now it's so good. I will eat it all day and it is low enough in ffat not to give me a gall bladder attack.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I like both! But generally I stick to protein based breakfasts as it does keep me fuller for longer.
  • ellielittlewood20
    Options
    I've found both work, but it generally works best if I eat an hour or so after getting up, then I actually focus on what I'm eating (as opposed to being in a sleep-filled blur) so seem to get less hungry and so snack less before lunch!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Usually both [carbs for an initial burst of energy, protein to feel full longer].
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yeah. Carbs don't keep me full. I basically avoid them unless I have discretionary calories for a treat. Even fruit...nope.

That said, I had a lot of mac n cheese and bread pudding tonight but I was just having fun. I would never choose carbs for breakfast. Doesn't fuel me.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    A balance of carbs, fat and protein works best for me. Eggs on toast, or almond butter on toast with a glass of milk, or oatmeal with ground flaxseed, raisins and cinnamon and a glass of milk. Just bacon and eggs does nothing for me, and if I have the toast without some fat/protein I eat *way* too much.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I prefer a balanced mix of carbs protein and healthy fat, it suits me better than anyting else. Today for example I hat oats with soy milk, a scoop of protein powder and 2 tsp of peanut butter. Keeps me fuller for longer and gives me a great start for the day. (BTW I exercize most mornings before work).
  • d4_54
    d4_54 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What do most of you prefer to eat for breakfast carb or protein based foods.
    I myself eat oatmeal and berries so would be carb based but i get so hungry about 1 hour later i need to eat again so i was thinking maybe switch to eggs and toast.

What do you all prefer.
    Thanks

It shouldn't matter if you eat carbs or protein for breakfast, Getting hungry 1 hour after eating suggests you are not eating enough generally. that feeling of hunger could be a psychological and physical response to you not feeling full, feed, and nourished after each meal.

I would suggest having someone look over your food intake and activity level just to be safe.

I personally get more satisfaction from protein based breakfasts but it's my personal preference. It really comes down to your goals and preference.

• Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I have to use steel cut oats. If not, I'm ravenous by 10am.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Definitely need some protein added in if I don't want to be hungry an hour later. I love me a breakfast burrito in the morning for a nice well rounded filling breakfast.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    Protein, a bit of healthy fat, and fiber, so I like my oatmeal with berries, walnuts, and Greek yogurt, usually with coffee + hot skim milk on the side. This sticks with me for hours.