How do I get fit with no gym or equipment?

Options
2»

Replies

• indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Body weight exercises are great and so is HIIT.

You can find loads of HIIT workouts on YouTube, they're about 20-30 minutes long and you don't need a lot of space or any equipment to do it :smile: I can recommend The Body Coach on YouTube for HIIT!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Youtube. Free workouts. Search especially body weight exercises or you are your own gym.
  • MrsBenTarr
    MrsBenTarr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Find some Beachbody workouts on eBay (they're cheaper). I would recommend Focus T25 -- only 25 minutes, and it's easy. You need zero equipment and it does the job. Also, there's no excuse for only 25 minutes.
  • ighsaan
    ighsaan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Set yourself a goal like doing a 5km continuous run over a period of time like 1 month. Start a plan to do it like walking 3km but incorporate interval runs and start by walking 5 min running 1 minute then try to work it where you run 5 min walk 1 min. then as you get fitter figure out to ru longer but rule of law is increase distance x 10% only. incorporates workout from app workout trainer called fat burner deluxe. guaranteed success and enjoyment.
  • OneWayOnlyCycles
    OneWayOnlyCycles Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Simple. Start out just as you are and as you lose weight you will feel like doing more. Cycling is fun and you might meet others to go along with! Joining a gym is such great incentive!
  • Jpat0
    Jpat0 Posts: 201 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    There are many things. If you can't do things yourself and need a program, there are tons available to you. I'll list the options and things I've tried:

1. Insanity - No equipment and simply body weight. It may seem really tough in the beginning but make sure to focus on form (ex. never bend your knees over your toes during squats). Do the lower intensity at first. Be prepared to do several rounds.

2. https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/ - This has all the information you need for home workouts without weights and you can customize it to your liking. It's a big community and everyone is helpful. It may look really intimidating but everyone starts somewhere. Better to start now then never have tried it.

3. C25K - It preps you to run 5k (Couch to 5k). It's very doable and a great source of cardio. The program is 3 days a week for I think 9 weeks. There are 10k options after that.

4. Youtube - Unlimited amount of free resources

5. https://www.doyogawithme.com/ - Tons of yoga videos