Milk ? Wight loss!! :0

Options
13»

Replies

• Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    thank you for answering, but where can I find the recipe builder?

Hope this helps:

g4dvaubhm686.jpg

• muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    tracymayo1 wrote: »

In the food diary - there is a button called RECIPES.
    Click that button
    Then on the right is another button that says enter ingredients...
    do that and build your recipe - save it and voila!

Yayyy!!! But what if tge portion was more or less?

Write down all your ingredients (weights of solids, measurements of liquids) to enter.
    Weigh your pot/pan you are going to be cooking with, write it down,
    After you have cooked your dish, weight your pot/pan with the cooked food in it.
    Subtract the weight of the pot/pan from the weight of the pot/pan with the cooked food in it (for example, your pot weighs 800g, and your food AND pot weigh 2000g. Your food weighs 1200g)
    Enter the difference of the 2 as your # of servings (per our above example, it would be 1200 servings, which means 1 gram is 1 serving)
    When you go to eat your food, weigh it in grams just like you would anything else, and log it :)

Hope this makes sense! :)

You can also put in a set # of servings (for example if you are prepping food for the whole week, and you know what you are making is for 5 meals) and set your servings that way!

Thank you so much :)
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Ricksh1000 wrote: »

Hope this helps:

g4dvaubhm686.jpg

all the thanks! :D
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Guyssss since I was 1 years old till now 22 am drinking a full cup of full fat milk each morning! With kaak and cookies and cakes am addicted to this. IS this the reason am not losing? Another quest is should hit all my calorie goal set to me by MFP??? What if I left like 200 cals spare? Thank y'all ;)

Cake and cookies for breakfast would definitely sabotage my weight loss as I need protein and fiber to feel full.

ugh gagagag :( like what should I have for breakfast? oats? oats are really expensive here but I think I should buy one can :D
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options

like I should burn more than I eat? like I have to eat 1500 a day I have to burn 2000 a day? omg?

Well, yes, to lose weight you need to burn more than you eat. But that doesn't mean you have to do 2000 cal of exercise, you are burning most of that just by being alive.

What (other than cake) would you like to eat for breakfast? Eggs are high in protein and usually fairly cheap. Or how about yoghurt with seasonal or canned fruit?
    Do you like to bake? There are some reasonably good "breakfast cookie" or "breakfast muffin" or "breakfast bar" recipes out there - just watch out, some have high sugar, so make sure you do the recipe builder and figure out what a good sized portion is to fit into your day.

Where are you that oats are really expensive? (and in a can)

• joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    jo_nz wrote: »

Was wondering the same thing
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

like I should burn more than I eat? like I have to eat 1500 a day I have to burn 2000 a day? omg?

Well, yes, to lose weight you need to burn more than you eat. But that doesn't mean you have to do 2000 cal of exercise, you are burning most of that just by being alive.

What (other than cake) would you like to eat for breakfast? Eggs are high in protein and usually fairly cheap. Or how about yoghurt with seasonal or canned fruit?
    Do you like to bake? There are some reasonably good "breakfast cookie" or "breakfast muffin" or "breakfast bar" recipes out there - just watch out, some have high sugar, so make sure you do the recipe builder and figure out what a good sized portion is to fit into your day.

Am in Syria, where there is no oats that is planted it is imported so that it is so expensive.
    thank you so much for the ideas! you mean like real muffin breakie?
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Actually, about the muffins idea... the recipes I was thinking of often include things like oats!!! So maybe not as helpful as I first thought, sorry.

But the basic idea is to take the kind of food you like and adjusting it - less sugar and butter, adding grains or seeds or maybe some dried fruit (although dried fruit is pretty high in sugar).
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Actually, about the muffins idea... the recipes I was thinking of often include things like oats!!! So maybe not as helpful as I first thought, sorry.

But the basic idea is to take the kind of food you like and adjusting it - less sugar and butter, adding grains or seeds or maybe some dried fruit (although dried fruit is pretty high in sugar).

Thank you! Am going to buy oats though freaking expensive today what should I have with it and how prepared?
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    There's no reason you have to have traditional breakfast foods for breakfast.

If it's cheaper, why not have dinner-type food for breakfast? No reason you couldn't have leftover chicken, rice and vegetables (or whatever is affordable where you live).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You could make egg and bacon muffins too.Just scramble some eggs, add some chopped bacon and spinach. Pour into a muffin tray and bake in the oven until golden brown. They keep well in the fridge so all you have to do is heat them up in the microwave in the morning.
    These are more filling for me than oatmeal.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I think I would start by looking at what is easily available where you live. Can you get eggs? What kind of bread? Salad stuff? Fruit? Yoghurt? Hommus? Seafood?

You don't have to buy expensive food from overseas to be healthy - look at what foods are in season, locally available, cost effective.

Breakfast could be boiled eggs and bread. Fruit and yoghurt. Salad with nuts or meat/fish or cheese. Soup. Leftovers. I'd be looking at meals based on whole foods from your area in reasonable quantities.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    I think I would start by looking at what is easily available where you live. Can you get eggs? What kind of bread? Salad stuff? Fruit? Yoghurt? Hommus? Seafood?

You don't have to buy expensive food from overseas to be healthy - look at what foods are in season, locally available, cost effective.

Breakfast could be boiled eggs and bread. Fruit and yoghurt. Salad with nuts or meat/fish or cheese. Soup. Leftovers. I'd be looking at meals based on whole foods from your area in reasonable quantities.

Ha yes this is thoughtful, we have hummus, fava beans, apples and no banana (its freaking expensive) bread, labneh, tea, olives "black n green", milk, kaak, biscuits and of course eggs but no bacon :)))) yogurt here is full fat so I havent tried it before!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Thank you! Am going to buy oats though freaking expensive today what should I have with it and how prepared?

@muffinsandcakes, people suggested oats in good faith because it is what THEY are used to for breakfast and they didn't have YOUR context! What do slim people eat in Syria? What are the traditional breakfast foods that are not so high in calories? Don't go and start eating stuff TO lose weight that you can't eat for the rest of your life.

ETA : I read your previous post now. Seems you are getting the idea. Hope it all works out for you
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »

@muffinsandcakes, people suggested oats in good faith because it is what THEY are used to for breakfast and they didn't have YOUR context! What do slim people eat in Syria? What are the traditional breakfast foods that are not so high in calories? Don't go and start eating stuff TO lose weight that you can't eat for the rest of your life.

ETA : I read your previous post now. Seems you are getting the idea. Hope it all works out for you

Thank you, you are right :))))))