How do I stop the extra exercise calories from being added to my daily calories/kilojoules allowed.

Options
Just new to this and still
Learning but just also noticed when you exercise the extra bonus calories /kilojoules get added. How do I stop the extra exercise calories from being added to my daily calories/kilojoules allowed.

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to eat at least some of them back so your net calories doesn't creep too low. There is an option to stop adding them all together but it requires a paid subscription.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    you can't. only if you become a premium member. I had the same issue, so i stopped adding my exercise.
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    When you write that the extra calories "get added" it sounds to me as though you aren't adding them yourself. Have you connected MFP to Runkeeper or Garmin or something? If so, all you have to do is disconnect.

If you ARE logging exercise yourself, you could simply stop logging it. Or you could log it, make a note of the extra calories you've burned, and delete the exercise again. Either way, it would no longer be added to your daily allowance.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    They aren't "bonus calories" as your calorie goal on here assumes you will be eating back exercise calories.

If you want to eat the same calories daily then set your goal using a TDEE calculator and not this site.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Don't log exercise or only log it as 1 calorie. But if you're using MFP as intended you're supposed to eat back at least a portion of them. If you've calculated your TDEE and are using that then just don't add in exercise.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to eat them or not eat all of them, change the calorie count for burned when you log them in. You can change that manually just like you do the minutes.