Wii Fit

Options
I was wondering how many people have had success with the Wii Fit. I've been thinking about buying one but if it isn't worth it I don't want to waste my money!

Replies

• kellyteresa
    kellyteresa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Wii fit. I have two kids at home, so its hard to exercise, and the Fit is perfect when i cant leave my living room....
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i use it a lot but warning, the scale on it is usually off. it likes to say i'm 20 lbs lighter and somedays it says i've lost an insane amount and others i've gained a huge amount. i know that that's wrong because of my real scale. i would say use it for teh excersize but not the scale portion. there are other games that get you moving around a lot too that are fun that you don't need the wii fit board for. i like Just Dance and i heard they are coming out with a Zumba game soon.
  • tbear358
    tbear358 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My opinion - its fun but

a) I like to get right to business and theres a lot of extra time involved in getting it started, time between moves, time between segments, stuff loading...i dunno. I like to work out for an hour and if I worked out for an hour on the Wii Fit, it would take about an hour and 15 minutes for setup and everything.

b) Working out on the board is kinda weird
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    It is a good start, but I wouldnt use it as your only thing, a lot of the exercises are like games, which some are fun, and you can use the board with other things like EA Active.
    I havent noticed any discrpencies with the scales, ours was pretty consistant
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Personally I would invest in the Wii Active over the Wii Fit.

Here are my reasons:
    1) you aren't required to use the balance board
    2) there aren't alot of starts and stops that the Wii Fit has
    3) Price
    4) you can set up goals
    5) the workouts change everyday, therefore keeping my attention.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I just got a Wii Fit a few days ago and LOVE it. It is great for those days when I can't get outside... or the ones that I don't want to exercise (or at least feel like I am exercising!). I also have My Fitness Coach for Wii and like it as well... but it is definitely more for when I am in an exercise mindset. :) (Also, I have a 4 year old and he loves the Wii Fit as well... it is great for getting in small bits of exercise when I can't do something longer at home without interruptions!)
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    EA Active all the way! I love doing the 30 day challenges.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Wii fit is fun as an active game but not a good workout. I find it good to get the board feedback on the yoga poses and stuff. For working out using the wii, I like My Fitness Coach (1 not 2). It customizes your workouts based on what part of your body you want to work on and the fitness goals you have set.
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am half way through the 30 day challenge on the Wii Active. I enjoy it and it challenges me, the calorie burn calculator is not as accurate as my heart rate monitor. I usually burn more than the program shows. Plus with the Wii active there are additional work outs that you can purchase. I chose the Wii Active because it received better reviews on-line. It must be working cause when I first started I could hardly do a squat and now I can do a set of 8 squats without any trouble......I love the Wii Active...
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I am thinking of buying the Wii Active, I currently have Wii fit. It is fun and I like doing it, but I don't feel fully challenged. I have found my scale to be spot on...I weighed myself on my regular scale then on the Wii, and it was the same. I like that it calculates my BMI. My kids love it also, and it is nice for all of us to do something together!
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I bought the Wii Fit and liked it and then got Wii Fit Plus as a gift and love it. I use it for toning mostly (yoga and strength/stretching). It isn't the only thing I do but it definitely helps. Some of the activites really get me working up a sweat but it does have some lag with the "talking" they do between exercises. There is an option in the Plus where you can choose what you want to work on (combine activities) and then it choses the exercises for you and shows you approx. how much time it will take. I like this for the variety and it's a good add on for the morning because I can have the TV (only one up that early usually) and I take my dog walking after work. I'm definitely glad that I invested the money in it!
  • netresult
    netresult Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I thoroughly enjoy my Wii Fit & Wii Active. I cannot stand exercise videos, they just seem boring. So this was a great way to do a workout some input from the 'trainer' without having to go to a gym. It helps you when you are doing an exercise incorrectly. It also helped my balance tremendously. It's not perfect, but I love mine. If you have to choose, I'd go with the Active first.

Also, the two Active Life games are both fun, and a great workout.
  • Buppie
    Buppie Posts: 43
    Options
    I enjoy my Wii Fit! My husband and I are very competitive and this feeds it. :happy: However, for weight loss - it will take more than this to do any good. I usually do my Wii Fit on days when I don't feel good, or I was running errands and it is too late to do anything else. It helps burn some calories, but not as much as what I burn at the gym or swimming.
  • malishm
    malishm Posts: 10
    Options
    I use the Wii Fit everyday (along with eating right) and so far it's working pretty good!! I go to the aerobics and do the advanced step, boxing and super hula hoop. I've been doing those for almost a week for 35 total minutes (which takes about 40 minutes on the Wii) and I've lost 3 pounds so far. So if that sounds like a good amount of time exercising and a good amount of weight lost in almost a week then you should definitely buy the Wii Fit!!

P.S. The "exercises" I do are really fun!!!
  • rtrautmann
    rtrautmann Posts: 57
    Options
    The Wii fit was great for about 3 weeks, and then I lost interest.
    I would definitely look into EA Active, since it's getting rave reviews on this post!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I hope not to get bored because I bought the Wii just for doing Wii Fit Plus. There are so many different options and am loving Advanced Step, Boxing, Runnning and Strenght exercises for three weeks now. I also go jump in the pool for aerobics with water resistence equipment for 30 minutes following my Wirr Fit Plus exercises. I found a little waterproof radio that works most of the time and gives me a beat to dance and run to in the water. I am horrible at going to the gym and usually lose interest pretty fast - but doing it at home seems to be working - 8 lbs in 21 days. Still 50 to go but it's a start!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I just got a Wii Fit and LOVE it! But it is certainly not supposed to take the place of normal exercise IMO. I use it for fun - to play the games on it. It's an alternative to sitting-on-the-couch video games.
    It can help you really work up a sweat, but it takes a good hour for me to even begin to do so, so I would suffer pretty seriously using this as my only form of workout.
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :smile: WE ALL USE THE Wii 2 ACTIVE AND ENJOY IT ALOT. I CARDIO BOX, AND DO BASEBALL..THE ONLY THING U HAVE BE CAREFUL BECAUSE THE CALORIES DISPLAYED ARE MORE THAN U EXPEND. WE ALSO WORK OUT WITH A HRM.AND THAT GIVE U A MORE ACCURATE CALORIE READING..IT IS STILL A GOOD INVESTMENT FOR BUSY PEOPLE WHO NEED TO GET A GOOD W/O IN ..SO ENJOY AND GOOD LUCK..:happy:
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think all of the Wii fitness games are good b/c they get you up and moving. I wouldn't do any one of them as your only form of exercise though. I use them as an additional exercise and have used my HRM to see how many calories I burn with each. Wii Fit is amongst the lowest. I find it somewhat slow. Wii Active is one of the better ones. I always burn at least double what it says I burn. I really enjoy using Wii Sports though. I play tennis a lot and box. The boxing will make you sweat and you'll be sore the next day. I recently bought Gold's Cardio but have yet to use it. It's supposed to be mostly boxing and since I love boxing on Wii Sports, I think I'll enjoy Gold's as well. I'd say go for any of the Wii Fitness games but make sure you have a HRM (with chest strap) to get a more accurate count of the calories you burn. Most, if not all, of the games are usually way off on calories burned.
  • lds25
    lds25 Posts: 68
    Options
    I just purchased my Wii last weekend. I really do like it. I have been doing my scale and body measurements including my BMI each morning before my sons get up so I can do something for ME! I also spend about an hour and a half playing with my sons and they get a good laugh out of my "elderly" antics on the games. I also enjoy the Yoga and the Step as well as the boxing! I prob will use that for my main form of exercise for now until the gym at work opens up. For now this is fun and challenging. For me it makes me sweat after a few minutes so i am happy!