Can't figure out Carb or Protein Diet

Options
My trainer says high protein. I workout 6 days a week. I eat fewer than the recommended calories. And my weight never changes. According to my nutrition breakdown, I get twice the carbs and sugars as protein. But nearly all of them are fruits and grains. It leaves me thinking that my daily gym routine is only burning off yesterday's carb energy.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    That's not really how it works. Your body uses energy in the form of protein, fat and carbs, and continously store and burn energy. Sugar is a carb, and it's quite normal for humans to eat twice the amount of carbs than of protein.

You don't have to follow any particular diet or eat or avoid anything. But to lose weight, you need to have a calorie deficit. If you aren't losing weight as expected, and your expectations are realistic, you need to tighten up your logging - weigh everything, check each entry, log everything, hit your calorie goal. Don't cheat, don't forget.
  • crooked6p
    crooked6p Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I truly don't need to cheat. The calorie deficit is closer to 1,000 than to 100. That's on a daily basis. In additon I add to that normal deficit with my gym and walking calories. I have weighed the same weight for about one year. I am not obese. I am looking at perhaps 3 lbs that are simply in the wrong place. This was why my trainer preferred a more protein diet. Not trying to be stubborn, but the problem surely is to me. LOL.