Just calories?

Options
Does everybody just count calories or do you count the carbs and protein etc aswell. ?
1st proper day tomorrow!

Replies

• ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I ocunt calories, but keep half an eye on my macros - that way, if I find that I'm feeling hungry a lot or running out of energy sooner than I expect, I can go back and analyse whether I need to eat more or eat different because it turns out that everything I had on that day was low fat, or not particularly protein rich.
  • Missbright14
    Missbright14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanx can I ask what macros means? Seen it wrote a few times but haven't got a clue
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I started 2 months ago. I've focused only on calories and walking for those 2 months but I do try to have enough fiber, protein and full fat to help keep me full. I don't micro manage them but I do look at it and try to note days I'm hungrier to see if I'm low on one of them.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    alqotaibi wrote: »
    Thanx can I ask what macros means? Seen it wrote a few times but haven't got a clue

Your macros are those carbs and protein (plus fat) you mentioned in your original post.

Just count calories for now - you can worry about the rest later.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I focus primarily on calories and make sure I'm keeping my sodium down and my protein up. A lot of protein helps me keep the calories on track.
  • sharkey5899
    sharkey5899 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I count calories and keep an eye on my macros. I am limiting carbs to under 50g right now and have lost 23 lbs in 8 weeks. Good luck on your journey!
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I keep my calories in line, try to get 40% of calories from protein, and let the rest happen as it will. I'm not a big bread fan, so I will happily skip rolls at the beginning of a meal so I can have ice cream afterwards.