At a loss.. Not losing enough

Options
Looking for suggestions / support. I had 80 lbs to lose.. Working with a macro coach who reviews my numbers weekly.. I'm 100% on point. I do orange theory 5 days a week and heavy lifting 3 days a week with a personal trainer.. I've done carb cycling and low carb.. I've had my testosterone and thyroid checked.. I've only lost 30lbs of fat in 6 months (I've had my bod pod done to make sure).. I can't think of what else todo but I fell as tho
I should be losing more. So tempted to go back to 1200 cal/low carb which is how I've lost weight on past diets. I'm so over being this heavy.

Replies

• amyk85260
    amyk85260 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I should be at 48 lbs
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    You said 30 pounds of fat? How much did you lose in total?
  • amyk85260
    amyk85260 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    2 lbs of muscle.. Total 30
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    You didn't lose any fluid at all? Odd.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    It's taken me over a year to lose 22 pounds. I eat 1270 calories a day > 50 carbs and work out 6 days a week. I eat maybe 1 cheat meal a month and on vacation. I am hypothyroid and insulin resistant. Be happy you are losing at the rate you are. It could always go slower.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You're at a great rate of loss. If you are thinking you are in a deficit large enough to be losing more, then you simply just...aren't. You can fix it by tightening your logging/weighing your food if you have not been.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    That's just over a pound a week of weight loss. Maybe it's not as fast as you want, but it sounds like you are working hard for it and should be congratulated.

As you are already working out, the next thing I'd check is how many calories you are eating each day - are you consistently and accurately logging the food/drinks you take in?

And I'm not sure what a "macro coach" is... are they someone with an actual qualification or someone who sells you something like the MLM marketing definition of "coach"? Perhaps you are making this harder than it needs to be and just eating too much (regardless of macros, you still need to burn more than you are taking in, in order to lose weight)?
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to lose about 90 pounds and that was on my own including the several fails I had with watching what I was eating. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Over a lb per week is excellent. Why do you think you should be losing more than that?

Often, when people exercise more than they can keep up for the rest of their lives and eat different food than they can keep up for the rest of their lives in an effort to lose faster, they end up gaining it back. Find a way to eat, and exercise you enjoy, that you can stick with even after you reach goal weight. The real prize isn't hitting a number by a specific date, it's enjoying the rest of your life at a healthy weight! Congrats on your success so far :drinker:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Uh... what's the problem? You're right on track....
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Sounds right to me... 1 lb/week is a healthy rate of loss.

Out of curiosity are you weighing all your food to ensure accurate logging?

Also, what's a macro coach?
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    It's actually more than 1lb per week. Can't see the problem, that's an ideal rate of loss. The only thing I would adjust is your expectations. How fast were you expecting to lose? It takes time, and it's not a race.