Protein Recommendations

Hi folks ,
Can anyone recommend a decent (not too dear ) protein supplement ?????
Just can't seem to hit my daily targets.

Cheers

Replies

• littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Try re-evaluating your meals and see where you can make changes. Protein shakes are mega boring.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Try re-evaluating your meals and see where you can make changes. Protein shakes are mega boring.

You can always add flavorings to a protein shake to make it less boring. I usually mix EAS vanilla whey with a bit of Crush orange water flavoring to make an orange creamcicle flavored shake.
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 176 Member
    I really like protein mug cakes. If you add different extracts and stevia/sweetener of choice, you can get quite creative! I use Magnum Chocolate Love or Magnum Vanilla ..
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    What's your definition of "dear". The cheap stuff at Wal-Mart is what I think would be "dear" but I buy it anyway.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited September 2016
    I agree with littlechiaseed's advice to first check your meals. High protein snacks like Greek yogurt can help you hit your goals. Otherwise, these are my personal favorites, not in any particular order:
    Food:
    Flapjacked pancankes and mighty muffins
    Shakes:
    PEScience Snickerdoodle
    Bars:
    MusclePharm Combat Crunch (Cinnamon Twist is a winner)
    Quest (the standard chocolate chip cookie dough is nice)
    Quest protein chips (loved bbq and cheddar, HATED the salt and vinegar)
    Oh Yeah One (Birthday Cake is a top seller)
    Fitjoy (New bar. I don't like nuts of any kind and didn't like the mint, but I like their cookie dough)
    PowerCrunch (crunchy wafer-like bars. It's a nice change from typical chewy protein bars. I like salted caramel best)
    Balance Bars (I like cookie dough best)
    I personally do not recommend BUP bars. They taste super bland and were a HUGE disappointment for me. They don't taste bad, but they're not good either. Just ridiculously plain and bland in both looks and taste. The cookie dough and sugar cookie pretty much taste exactly the same.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    It's almost always easiest and cheapest to get your nutrition from food. Use supplements as a supplementation, not as a replacement, and don't overdo intake of anything. What's your calorie and protein goals, and why; what kinds of foods are you typically eating, and what foods do you like?
  • AhmedHKH
    AhmedHKH Posts: 20 Member
    ON 100℅ whey protein isolate, there are plenty of flavors but my favorite is strawberry. As others said, supplements are just that, get most of your macro needs from actual food. But I do understand how sometimes it feels like you have to eat too much to reach your macro especially protein. Due to being on a calorie deficit diet, I need to eat more protein than my body weight everyday, so I use 1-2 scoops daily on top of my meals to reach my macro. So use it as needed.