Anyone use advocare?

Just wondering if anyone uses it and if they got results and liked it.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I'm not even tempted, because it seems sad and expensive, and I prefer food. What kind of results?
  • christareid28
    christareid28 Posts: 47 Member
    I know people that like it a lot and have lost weight using it. My doctor recommended it. I am still not sure.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Eat what you like, not what "people" like. You lose weight by having a consistent calorie deficit. Most doctors don't know squat about weight loss or nutrition. If s/he recommended a "weight loss product", it's a good idea to be wary.
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,836 MFP Moderator
    Do a search here for Advocare. It's been discussed to death. Some people love the products and have been successful and continue to use them. Some used them as a quick start to weight loss and then tapered off. Some used them as a quick start but found the weight came right back after stopping. Others find it's far too expensive compared to just logging what you eat and drink. Have you read the lists of ingredients on the products? How are those any healthier for you than eating whole, real foods?? I'm in the last camp, as you can tell. ;)

Remember that the basics of weight loss don't change and there are no magic bullets. All of these quick start/diet/detox fad things are basically just money makers for the company and the few directors at the top. The rest it's a bunch of people pushing expensive products on friends and family and trying to get you to sign up as a distributor. Seriously, read the labels and then tell me how it's better for you than actual food.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    No. No desire to fall for just another MLM con.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited September 2016
    I will start out by saying I know nothing about Advocare. I will say that you need to keep it realistic when trying to lose weight. Don't use any tactic that you can't commit to always doing from here on out. For instance, by eating real food now and losing weight that way then it will be a lot easier to keep doing that a year from now and so on.

Do you plan on using this product for the rest of your life? Probably not. And anything you use for weight loss other than real food and exercise and you stop doing it once you get to your goal weight usually backfires and you gain it all back because you haven't trained your body to eat and exercise correctly.
  • jym78
    jym78 Posts: 15 Member
    check out Jim Stoppani JYM products
    ..best out there and real info
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited September 2016
    My doctor recommended it.

This greatly concerns me, please get a new Doctor & report this 1, for practicing medicine; without a license because they aren't a Dietitian & thus have no business, masquerading as such! That's a separate medical profession, that requires it's own education/licensing; that a Physician doesn't have.
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    I have used Advocare on several occasions and I LOVE all the products! I will say that after awhile, they do become costly. My favorite products I have used are Spark (which actually helped me kick my diet soda habit), Catalyst, the meal replacement shakes (since I wasn't always a bfast person) and the Arginine. I have done the 24 day challenge on a few occasions, all with great results.
  • Lol i signed up to be a distributer and never even sold or bought anything because I can literally find the similar supplements on Amazon for a fraction of the price.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    supplements do really very very little as far as weight loss. Get your calorie intake and exercise in place and you really don't need anything else.