What's for breakfast?

Options
Anyone have any ideas for breakfast for weight loss?
Besides eggs?

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Anything that fits in to your calorie and macronutritional goals and moreover on a personal level promotes satiety and adherence.

• AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Breakfast for weight loss? Weight loss comes from eating fewer calories than you burn.
    So eat what you like and work it into your calorie goal for the day. No special food is needed.
    If you're curious about what other people eat for breakfast.....
    I'm having oven roasted veggies and tofu over mixed greens. I'm not typically a breakfast food person.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • AhmedHKH
    AhmedHKH Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I usually go with plums, boiled sweet potato and tuna or eggs or a scoop of whey protein with milk, that keeps my going until lunch. Eat whatever you like that fits your macros and calorie goals.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    This thread will inevitably turn into a combination of "eat whatever fits your goals" (which isn't helpful) and "Here's what I'm eating for breakfast." So here's what I'm eating:

Toast, protein shake and coffee.

Toast because I like toast.
    Protein shake because I struggle to get enough protein in my day without it.
    Coffee because morning = coffee.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Most days I have eggs of some kind. Either scrambled with shredded chicken, bell peppers, green onions; or plain with some bacon.

Weekends I have pancakes or French toast, with bacon.

My breakfast range from 450-800 calories including my coffee.

Today was french toast, bacon and coffee since I didn't have to work :) about 600 calories.
  • rhauser44
    rhauser44 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    On weekdays I usually have oatmeal, ground flax seed and one-half of a banana. One Saturdays I have egg whites and toast and on Sundays I fix up a batch of buckwheat pancakes. All of them pretty simple go-to's to start my day.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    My usual banana and oat flour muffin - last week's batch was made with ground flaxseed instead of eggs, and I think it helped bring out the cinnamon and ginger flavors, so I'm trying it again today for my next batch. And, of course, coffee. That's the most important part!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Whatever sounds good and fits into your day. I'm normally an egg person (vegetable omelet), like steel cut oats as an occasional alternative, and this summer have been obsessed with smoothies (with protein powder and plenty of veg, in addition to the delicious summer fruit).

Currently I have some arugula and tomatoes to use up, so had a big salad with those ingredients, mushrooms (sauteed in a bit of olive oil), and edamame, with balsamic vinegar, plus a smoothie with raspberries, a peach, red cabbage, half a big cucumber, protein powder, and some goat milk yogurt I bought at the farmer's market yesterday.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Whatever fits in your cals and nutrient goals. Personally I need something with carbs or it sets me up for a bad day of eating so I do a bagel with some nut butter or faux cream cheese or avocado. I sprinkle on some seeds too. I only use the "everything" bagels.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I love to make myself a pancake with 1 egg and half a banana fried in the pan with coconut oil. I top it off with 1 tbsp peanut butter and here's the stats: 265cals, 11g of protein, 19g of carbs and 16g of fat. But most importantly, the texture is AMAZING and it tastes GREAT!! ♥

Otherwise, I eat most of the time eggs with bacon or potatoes and onions, or an omelette with a bunch of veggies and bacon.

Just a side note, as I am not working currently and it's harder to cope with hunger when you're not working, IMO, I usually have a coffee then a protein shake in the morning along with lots of water and my vitamins to try to wait as long as possible for my breakfast (which is always my biggest meal) usually in between 11am-1pm.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Whatever sounds good and fits into your day. I'm normally an egg person (vegetable omelet), like steel cut oats as an occasional alternative, and this summer have been obsessed with smoothies (with protein powder and plenty of veg, in addition to the delicious summer fruit).

Currently I have some arugula and tomatoes to use up, so had a big salad with those ingredients, mushrooms (sauteed in a bit of olive oil), and edamame, with balsamic vinegar, plus a smoothie with raspberries, a peach, red cabbage, half a big cucumber, protein powder, and some goat milk yogurt I bought at the farmer's market yesterday.

You make me sooooo hungry. Arghhh. Sounds delicious, this is the way I want to eat lol!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

You make me sooooo hungry. Arghhh. Sounds delicious, this is the way I want to eat lol!

Your pancake sounds delicious too. I may have to try that!
  • savingfatsamira
    savingfatsamira Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats.
    Whole grain waffles with peanut butter.
    Parfait.
    Breakfast burrito.
    Weight loss shakes.
    Fruit.
    You can take a look at my diary for ideas.
  • Hope228
    Hope228 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    weekdays usually trader Joe's peanut butter & jelly yogurt. Saturday I have steel cut oatmeal & half a banana. Sunday I have a smart ones egg, sausage & cheese on a muffin.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Today was savoury porridge - rolled oats, milk, water, grated carrot, grated zucchini, grated cheese, one egg mixed in at the end. Also good topped with chilli sauce, but I didn't have that today.

Yesterday - a sandwich with grainy bread, swiss cheese slice, egg cooked in the microwave.

And Sunday was a delicious brunch at a cafe - potato cake, avocado, poached egg, bacon, rocket salad.

But you can eat anything you like for breakfast, there's no rule that you are only allowed to have eggs or toast or cereal. My husband likes soup for breakfast.
  • JShailen
    JShailen Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Nothing fancy today, scrambled eggs with Quorn Ham cooked in olive oil. Eggs are my go to :)
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    2 slices of bread ,cottage cheese and smoked salmon .yum!
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt that varies day to day, an egg on top of a slice of multi grain toast and a coffee
  • sweetjend78
    sweetjend78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It varies day to day, but usually:
    Shake and coffee
    Veggie omelet
    Boiled egg and shake
    PB on toast
    Oatmeal with maple syrup
    Larabar