The revolving door.

Options
Baddogbeanie
Baddogbeanie Posts: 210 Member
I gain, I lose, I gain again.. Any advice on how to break the trend?

Replies

• pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Figure out why you are gaining and stop doing that.
    Figure out why you are losing and keep doing that.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    When you "fall off the wagon" and cheat on your diet do you have one extra serving or a little dessert or do you just say "screw it!" and stop caring for weeks?

Do you set your weight loss goals to a slow and gradual loss that doesn't leave you hungry, or do you get super committed and expect perfection?
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Be more strict with your eating and exercise plan. Cheats should be very infrequent. If you are good all week but cheat on weekends that is basically guaranteed failure
  • blushenvy
    blushenvy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look like you're keeping a food diary? Doing so would be a great start! There's a mobile ap if you're always on the go-makes it easier to keep track(and your phone can scan all the nutrition info right in).
  • Baddogbeanie
    Options
    I have no problem losing the weight, the real problem is weekends. I go to a lot of events (MC world) where the crappy food is plentiful. I need suggestions on what I can carry with me that is healthy (SNACKS) between meals to resist the urge to eat the junk.
  • PelleP1971
    PelleP1971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky, protein bars, protein chips etc.
    Chose water to drink and continue to use myfitnesspal during the weekend as well. Even if you then go over your caloric goal for that day you have more control of what you eat.
    Im guessing you ARE using myfitnesspal since you are posting this in this forum. :-)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    mdbmdbco1 wrote: »
    I have no problem losing the weight, the real problem is weekends. I go to a lot of events (MC world) where the crappy food is plentiful. I need suggestions on what I can carry with me that is healthy (SNACKS) between meals to resist the urge to eat the junk.

What about a healthy filling meal beforehand ao you're not tempted? drink lots if water so your mouth is occupied with that and not food? although then there's the need for a bathroom...maybe not the best idea
  • Baddogbeanie
    Options
    The events are full of everything I like to eat, junk. I do eat before I go and yes I use mfp. Thanks for the snack advice I will use it.. I'm far from overweight bit the extra weight I have is killing my back.. thanks all that replief4