Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Alluminati wrote: »
    I should have clarified :(

Preggo donkey dunkabutt is more about the shape than the size (in my eyes, anyway). Yes, the booty may grow because it has to store all the fat to nourish the baby but it's the way the back almost looks like a saddleback on a horse because the weight in front is pulling everything forward. Some who store fat in the love handle area look especially pronounced when this happens. I can almost always recognize a pregnant butt from the back even if the girl is small and tiny just by the way the booty juts out. It's not an aesthetically pleasing shape to my eye, but that's my opinion and you know what they say about those. :expressionless:

The point of my post was really that the body can look so different pre, during, and post pregnancy. Work out if the doctor says so but be aware that the booty may look vastly different in both phases.

While it's fine to have an opinion, I think anything negative about a woman's body while she is growing another human being is an opinion that is best kept to yourself. ;)

Or what?
    Its a message board. Not everyone is enamored of pregnancy body. Luckily its temporary. If you don't like my opinion, no need to read it. Click ignore.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I definitely had Preggo donkey dunkabutt when I was pregnant. Had to do with my centre of gravity shifting forward and arching my back to compensate. ;)

A sense of humour, especially when pregnant, is a good thing. :)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Preggo donkey dunkabutt is more about the shape than the size (in my eyes, anyway). Yes, the booty may grow because it has to store all the fat to nourish the baby but it's the way the back almost looks like a saddleback on a horse because the weight in front is pulling everything forward. Some who store fat in the love handle area look especially pronounced when this happens. I can almost always recognize a pregnant butt from the back even if the girl is small and tiny just by the way the booty juts out. It's not an aesthetically pleasing shape to my eye, but that's my opinion and you know what they say about those. :expressionless:

The point of my post was really that the body can look so different pre, during, and post pregnancy. Work out if the doctor says so but be aware that the booty may look vastly different in both phases.

While it's fine to have an opinion, I think anything negative about a woman's body while she is growing another human being is an opinion that is best kept to yourself. ;)

Or what?
    Its a message board. Not everyone is enamored of pregnancy body. Luckily its temporary. If you don't like my opinion, no need to read it. Click ignore.

I was just offering some friendly advice. You are a big frog, you can do whatever you please.
  • Alluminati
    Options

I definitely had Preggo donkey dunkabutt when I was pregnant. Had to do with my centre of gravity shifting forward and arching my back to compensate. ;)

Same here. I did the best I could by eating well, keeping moving and tried to enjoy it for what it was instead of stressing over it. Got my former booty back in no time.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Same here. I did the best I could by eating well, keeping moving and tried to enjoy it for what it was instead of stressing over it. Got my former booty back in no time.

You got your frog butt back!! Yay
  • Alluminati
    Options

Or what?

I was just offering some friendly advice. You are a big frog, you can do whatever you please.

May I say, you look great BTW
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Or what?

May I say, you look great BTW

Thank you.

I get it....for me pregnancy wasn't the most glamorous time. I was sick, I was weak, I was uncomfortable. I probably lost a lot of muscle. If anyone told me that my booty looked bad (or not as good as before which I'm sure was the case..) I wouldn't be too pleased to have it pointed out obviously! But I worked hard for that booty and made sure to try what I could to maintain as much muscle as possible while I was pregnant so that now, 7 months pp I am pretty much back if not better than before.

• davis978
    davis978 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It my opinion, it's always worth it to strength train. That being said, you should think about the tradeoff between body and baby. Absolutely talk to your doctor first, absolutely start slow and easy, and absolutely listen to your body and don't do things that don't feel good.

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant, and I have been lifting for about 3 years prior to getting pregnant. I am currently still lifting, but at much lower weights and more reps than I used to before I was pregnant. (Partly this is because I was under doctors orders not to lift while I was trying to get pregnant and having my ovaries stimulated.) I do this because the weights I used to lift simply don't feel good anymore, and I can't live with the anxiety of thinking I might be hurting myself or my baby. But this is a decision every pregnant woman has to make for herself, together with her partner and her doctor. I know many women continue to set personal records while pregnant, and I had hoped I would be one of them, but ultimately I decided my mental health was more important than my quads for the next year or so.

You can absolutely build both strength and endurance while you are pregnant, particularly if you are a beginner, which is sounds like you are. Strength and endurance will serve you well in delivery and postpartum. It might (or might not) help you get the butt you want sooner after you delivery, by helping you to recover faster. So I guess it depends on your definition of "worth-it."

Whatever you decide to do, do your research about what kinds of activities are contraindicated during pregnancy, particularly those that are thought to be associated with diastasis recti.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Makes sense now. Luckily not all butts go through what you went through. *shrug*