learningtolove
learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
Simple vegan meal ideas!
( Im tired of soups and stir fries!)

Replies

• alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Lentil Loaf, Meatless burgers (Pick a bean..any bean), Cauliflower Tacos (Or any veggie you like, I found the cauliflower grinds up pretty well and mimics the texture of ground beef), enchiladas, lasagna, I could go on.

I've made and tried all of what I listed; they're all pretty good. For the recipes, feel free to send me a message. OR you could google the ideas above and find different recipes.

Fake meats from gardein (some stores like Kroger have their own generic brand too) are usually pretty good for quick meals. I don't recommend getting them TOO often though because they're usually on the expensive side. (e.g. 5$/bag of Soy patties 4-count)

Hope this helps!
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite recipe sites to peruse.

http://vegweb.com/

When I first became vegan a decade ago, it was a great resource for food ideas.
  • learningtolove
    Options
    What about breakfasts? Work lunches?
  • alyssagb1
    Options
    For breakfast I'll usually just have some oatmeal or cereal with almond milk. Though there are faux bacon/sausage products out there that are good (You can also find recipes to make them from scratch, I prefer my own home made 'sausage' over stuff found in stores). Some bagels are vegan friendly; Thomas original and everything are two that come to mind. <-Those with tofuti or daiya dairy free cream cheese are pretty good. Indian Black Salt has a very "eggy" taste, you can add that to tofu (I use extra firm when I make it) to make scrambled "eggs". The salt can be found at specialty spice stores, or on Amazon (where I got mine).

Lunches are pretty simple for me: dinner left overs, quick black bean burritos, quinoa and earth balance butter..

Just about any omnivore dish, you can make vegan. Mac and Cheese, hot dogs, quiche, french toast etc.
  • learningtolove
    Options
    Thank you,Ive been vegetarian for about 9 months now,needed some inspiration. Im making zucchini lentil patties tomorrow to pack for my lunches,and maybe a stew as well.
  • alyssagb1
    Options
    No problem!

That sounds pretty good, I may borrow that idea :tongue:
  • newvegdi
    newvegdi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For work lunches I like to do some kind of pasta or grain base (rice, quinoa, etc...) with a sauce and, roasted veggies, and either beans or baked tofu for protein. There are limitless combinations using this basic formula and they're very filling, just stick to serving sizes if you're counting calories. I get big packs of fresh spinach, mushrooms, broccoli etc... at Costco and spend a day meal prepping and freezing individual servings for a month. If there's a Trader Joe's near you, they have an organic black bean rotini that's amazing-loads of protein and iron.

I also like to make tempeh tacos. You can cook it just like you would ground beef-- crumble and brown it with a little oil or cooking spray in a skillet and add your favorite vegan taco seasoning and a little water (I like Bearitos).
  • l1k4
    l1k4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Incredibly easy black bean burger. 6 ingredients and they store well in the frig. https://happyherbivore.com/2011/08/easy-black-bean-burger/
  • learningtolove
    Options
    l1k4 wrote: »
    Incredibly easy black bean burger. 6 ingredients and they store well in the frig. https://happyherbivore.com/2011/08/easy-black-bean-burger/

These look fantastic!
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Tonight was Sichuan...while this does have fish with the tofu, I'll frequently make without the fish too...otherwise veggie friendly...

2fa0w7pys1b3.jpeg
    afwcvma995we.jpeg
    91f5o5va2hcw.jpeg
    7aevgrbfkh3r.jpeg
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Split peas are easy to make and add anything tomato based (salsa, spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, etc.), is very good. Spice as needed and/or add other vegetables. Also it makes a great work lunch.
  • learningtolove
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Split peas are easy to make and add anything tomato based (salsa, spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, etc.), is very good. Spice as needed and/or add other vegetables. Also it makes a great work lunch.

Yummy! Thank you.