• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    donut
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Made a really nice farmer cheese dessert the other day, and it was even alright on the calories and good on protein.

6ox3nf98bk4l.png

All dairy products used are 2% for the calories above and the portions I had are large, so it can be even lower in calories. We usually do 3/4 cups of sugar, but I like it less sweet. You could even use a sweetener that measures like sugar if you are doing low carb.

1. Mix gelatin and milk and set aside until it hydrates and blooms. I left it for an hour because I was watching a show and forgot about it, but it was fine.
    2. Heat the gelatin on low heat constantly stirring until it melts
    3. Add the sugar and vanilla and stir well.
    4. Rub the farmer cheese in your palms to make the curds smaller, and mix thoroughly with the sugar-gelatine mixture.
    5. Add the greek yogurt. You could also use regular yogurt, but my favorite is sour cream if you want something richer and have the calories for it.
    6. Line a pan with cling wrap and layer the cocoa and the plain vanilla mixtures. If they are too runny, pour one color, cool for 15 minutes in the fridge, then add the other color. Keep in the fridge for at least a couple of hours before serving.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    It might help if you specify what kind of desserts you were looking for. I know a few yummy recipes but they are calorie bombs and more for special occasions.

Were you looking for low calorie? Low carb? Low fat? Special occasion?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Another very easy dessert I'm planning to make for the weekend, but it's heavy on the calories. Worth every single one of them though if you are a fan of white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk like I am. You can tell I'm currently going through a dessert phase and that my usual dessert calorie allowance is usually around 250 calories.

nhr3rzw21znr.png

1. Melt the chocolate in a water bath, add the juice of half a lemon once melted.
    2. Add the condensed milk to the melted chocolate and mix really well
    3. Toast the coarsely chopped nuts
    4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
    5. Line a pan with cling wrap and pour the mixture
    6. Wet your hand with water and splash a bit of water on top then even it out. Cover the top with clingwrap.
    7. Freeze until it's easy to cut, cut into bars and store in the fridge or the freezer. I like them softer so I store them in the fridge.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    These are my favorite blogs for ideas:
    Sallysbakingaddiction.com
    //elanaspantry.com/category/desserts/. <-she tends to be gluten free &a low carb
    New York Times cooking blog
  • MyrnaSolganick
    MyrnaSolganick Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! I usually like to keep my desserts between 100 and 150 calories - I am trying to not "need" dessert - Weight Watchers used to have all sorts of desserts, but I see now they are mostly ice cream bars, and are equivalent to Skinny Cows. I dont know what happened to their desserts...
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    For something super simple get a low fat waffle, sugar free pudding, and lite cool whip.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Fat free frozen yogurt w honey and light whipped cream... The honey gets hard n chewy, really good.
  • joysomebody
    joysomebody Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit satisfies my sweet tooth.
  • MyrnaSolganick
    Options
    Naturally Nancy, that sounds great!! I have frozen kefir...could add honey, or maple syrup... :p
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Vanilla ice cream with Aunt Jemima lite maple syrup and a shot of Kentucky Rye Bourbon. :)
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    At present I'm enjoying a half cup Chobani full fat yogurt, with a quarter cup granola for crunch and a half cup Welch's mixed antioxidant fruit thawed with stevia for sweetening. Alternatively, three squares of Ghirardelli 70% chocolate grated into the half cup full fat yogurt with some chopped nuts for crunch. I also like a bowl of strawberries with whipped cream and mascarpone sweetened with stevia, and a couple of crumbled graham crackers mixed in. But none of these are 100-150 calories. If I want to go that low I'll have a piece of fruit.
  • BackwoodsDarlin
    BackwoodsDarlin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The variations of this are endless, but tonight I'm having...

a SF Strawberry Jell-O / Banana Greek Yogurt Parfait layered with crushed Walnuts and Almonds

220 Cal / 12g Carbs / 2g Fiber / 19g Prot / 9g Fat

Yummolicious!!

You could omit the nut and make your calories 120, but I like the crunch!
  • MyrnaSolganick
    Options
    Sharing: I recently discovered Kashi bars - chewy, not sweet but satisfying. And, I downloaded a recipe from the Forks over Knives site that mixes tofu with lime, and honey - not everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed it.