Slightly underway during the week to allow cushion for the weekend

Options
Is it ok for me to eat 300-400 calories under my requirement Monday-Friday knowing that I'm going to cheat on the weekend. I've been doing this for a couple weeks and I've found myself losing more weight than when I ate my required deficit everyday.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Some people like to focus on a weekly deficit and do just that. It's entirely up to you how you work out your deficit.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Depends what your normal calorie goal is and if you are able to get adequate nutrition/feel full on the lower amount?

I practice this but usually only 100-200 lower than goal each day during the week to give myself 500-1000 cals on the weekend to play with. I find for me if I try to bank too many, I'm eating WAY too much on the weekend and it throws off my eating habits. I prefer to have a little cushion for a yummy dessert, or a couple extra glasses of wine, but not so much that I would be gorging myself.

I also have a higher cal goal to begin with so even if I shave off 200 cals each day during the week I'm still eating 1700-1900 cals. If I were set at 1200 I wouldn't be able to bank cals, get adequate nutrition, and feel full eating 1000 cals or less.