I'm new :)

Options
essbanga
essbanga Posts: 6 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hey there,

Just a bit of background information to let you get a feel for who I am and why I'm starting this journey.

I've never been a skinny girl, often made fun of my weight and have been the "fat friend" for years. I met an amazing guy last year and we've been together since then. He's what you'd call a "gainer", he's on the skinny side and wants to gain weight. Since I met him, I've gained about 20 pounds, on top of an already heavy me. I want to help him on his weight gain journey, but I also realized, I need to focus on my weight loss journey to really be happy.

So I'm hoping there's some nice people out there who can help me out and just talk my through the struggles. I ideally would like to lose about 50 pounds to take me to a good place on the scale, but I also realize, it's a long stretch for me and a tough journey. But I am determined to make a difference. Even being happy with who I see in the mirror would suffice for me. I just want to love myself again but my unhealthily relationship with food is preventing me from that goal.

Replies

• AngeVW
    AngeVW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I'm new at this too. I have been big most of my life but lost a lot of weight before having kids then put it mostly back on. Two kids down and I just want to lose another 18lbs (but this still won't get me to a 'healthy weight ') iv only.used this app properly for a week and lost 4.5lbs already - it's amazing.
    I wish you luck and just remember to focus on you. The only way to lose weight is to be selfish and look after you. I have found exercising helps as it keeps me away from the kitchen at a time I would snack.