70cals left and I'm soooo peckish!

Options
Right all of you, I need your brains! I'm having such a hungry day today. I've eaten three lovely meals (and even gotten my protein macros in BOOYEAH) and a snack and now it's 9pm and I've got 70 calories that I'm giving myself for today's exercise and... I'm still feeling really hungry! Normally when I get to this point in the day I'm pretty satisfied so I'll just use up my last calories on a little treat for myself. But now my tummy just feels pretty empty. I know that if I go to bed hungry in a couple of hours I won't sleep properly, and I just had my dinner less than an hour ago!

SO! I need all your combined wisdom. What's the most filling way you can think of spending 70 calories? Preferably vegan and, well.. My house has lots of veg, seeds, nuts, fruit, tofu, soy yogurt... HELP ME figure out something filling before I end up face first in a tub of almond butter!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Eat 70 calories worth of whichever you prefer. Even go over an extra 100-200 if that will help your hunger. It won't destroy your week. I don't know which food item would be most filling to you. I would probably have lots of veggies because of the low calorie count & some yogurt.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    For me nothing filling on 70 calories. :)

But if I have to work with that number here goes.. Swiss Cheese, String Cheese, 1/2 of a greek yogurt, boiled egg, 3/4 tbls peanut butter, approx 15 grams of protein bar, beef jerky, pork skins... and you have nuts in house, so a partial serving of nuts this is all I got.. really.

I would say the heck with it and add something to that or I might just for the cookie myself.. Good luck with this.. :)
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Eat an egg.
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    unsalted-peanuts-roasted-nuts-pinch.jpg

Eat three of these bad boys! Lick the salt off first for extra pleasure!
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Damnit, I was hoping for some kind of magically filling 70cals goodness! I guess I'll go with a (small) handful of nuts and, well.. if I'm still hungry and go 100 over its no big deal. TBH I have a wee inkling that I might have under-calculated my exercise cals for a walk I went on yesterday (lovely 8k through the rain!) and that's why I'm completely food focused all day today. Which means I would have an extra few cals to work with..
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Eat an egg.

Scramble the egg and throw in a bunch of veggies, you'll be a little over but not enough to make a difference.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Eat an egg.

Scramble the egg and throw in a bunch of veggies, you'll be a little over but not enough to make a difference.

The OP says preferably vegan
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Eat an egg.

Now it becomes a small meal - 70cals (ish) problem solved :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    Eat an egg.

The OP says preferably vegan

It was too long I can't read all that. Lol! Tofu with veggies?
  • BeGrandLike
    Options
    Scrambled tofu and veggies! Yumtastic!
  • BeGrandLike
    Options
    z4oslo wrote: »
    unsalted-peanuts-roasted-nuts-pinch.jpg

Eat three of these bad boys! Lick the salt off first for extra pleasure!

Ha, it took me ages to not just see a great big pile of potatoes! And I'm thinking... three spuds is WAY more than 70 cals, what are you thinking!
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    A big drink of whatever you use as milk. Not vegan but hate the taste of milk on its own, so have a drink of soya milk if, at 4pm, I feel like I won't make it to dinner time without diving head first into a loaf of bread, but I know I'm not going to have enough calories for toast in my day.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had coconut butter? I find that putting a little bit on a slice of whole-wheat toast and sprinkling it with a tiny bit of salt and Splenda is absolutely delicious.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    A handful of almonds or a glass of milk are my go to a when I can't stand to be hungry anymore. But if it's close to bedtime, I just go to bed hungry.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    a teaspoon of cocoa powder,a pack of splenda ( or teaspoon of sugar) and a splash of non dairy milk- boiling water and voila a 50 calorie hot cocoa drink!
  • BeGrandLike
    Options
    A handful of almonds or a glass of milk are my go to a when I can't stand to be hungry anymore. But if it's close to bedtime, I just go to bed hungry.

I find if I go to bed hungry I don't sleep a wink! And that means I'm tired all the next day.. and when I'm tired, I'm grumpy. And when I'm grumpy, I just want comfort food. So it's easier to just make sure I'm not sleeping hungry, better in the long run ;)
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    When I get like this I drink some water and go to bed. It does not go well for me otherwise :). Good luck to you
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Cucumber either salted or with some salsa. Like a whole cucumber though.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Popcorn 100 calorie bag would be my go to, enjoyed slowly with a big glass of water (wine would be better, but.....)
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Cucumber either salted or with some salsa. Like a whole cucumber though.

That is what I would do. I would eat a large cucumber to fill my belly. A little salt, lemon juice and chipolte pepper is tasty too! You probably would have enough calories left to have a tomato too. :wink: