Considering Intermittent Fasting to Whack off 15/+ lbs.

Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    It's been a week since I began doing the Every Other Day diet. I actually don't go a whole day without eating anything; I eat ~300 Cal. on diet days and ~2000 Cal. on regular days. It's been working for me so far. In just one week, I've lost 5 lbs, now weighing 139 lbs. I'm gonna give it go for another week since it feels quite doable.

Okay.......but you do know the weight loss is from the calorie deficit, that the particular diet has no magic to it? Your weight loss goal is way too aggressive for what little you have to lose.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Intermittent fasting works for a lot of people - or so I've seen on here. I personally have not tried it and would not try it because I know it would lead to a "Got to eat EVERYTHING because tomorrow I am deprived again" on the days that I can eat. This is just me - for others, it works well.

First of all, why do you feel the fasting is for you? Is it really because you want to try the diet plan or is it out of self loathing? Please know that fasting does not equal faster weight loss.

If it's working for you and you're happy with the plan and it's SUSTAINABLE - then great! I wish you every success. But it's also just as effective to eat to a sensible calorie goal each day and move more. You may find your energy levels are so much better doing it this way.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'm a proponent of IF, however I think you really should do a little more research into it and make sure you are following one of the more sustainable protocols. There is a lot of misinformation thrown about especially by those who've never actually done it.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    "Whack off" <snigger>
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    OP - IF has some variability but as @rybo says - do a bit of research because what you're planning is not one of the standard protocols I've ever seen.

EDIT - sorry I missread your OP - The alternate day fast is a recognized fasting protocol.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I find a day of fasting helps my energy both mental and physical. It also is what finally helped my appetite to be less furious so I could cut out a good bit of simple carb consumption.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I understand you are impatient and want the weight off now, but you need to start thinking about what happens when the weight comes off. Your body will be used to fasting...and you'll go back to eating normally and you'll gain it all back.

You need to find something that takes the weight off, but something you can live with long term. This whole process has nothing to do with fast...it has something to do with the long term. Everyone these days are obsessed with immediate results "I want to be skinny now, because life will be better". It isn't always better, then you have to think about the future.