Good coach

Options
Anybody have success with a food coach??

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    What is a food coach?
  • 232good
    232good Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Such as a trainer who maps out meals
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yes.

First time I did MFP I just did the default 1200 cals thing for about 2-3 months whilst going to the gym and doing classes.

I was hungry. After I lost the weight I went back to eating what I thought was OK and kept doing gym classes. Weight packed back on and then some. I was fit though!

Got discouraged and blah blah so looked for help. Got a lady who gave me nutrition and exercise coaching. Changed how I ate basically - instead of snacks I eat lots of proper meals during the day, instead of exercise classes I did weight training. Took bloody ages but the weight dropped off (more like the sizes dropped off but scales stayed in one spot which is really annoying mentally (like hellooooo i've dropped from a size 12-14 to 8-10 and the scale still says 63 bloody kilos!)

Anyway - since then I left that coach to do a competition prep for bodybuilding. It was purely nutrition coaching and it was hard AF. limited food - eat what is on the plan and that's IT (previously my plan had options - choose x, y or z for each meal). I struggled and pulled out 3 weeks ago. I wasn't losing the fat fast enough for stage, was exhausted, started to binge eat and go crazy.

Now I am trying to maintain weight. I am using IIFYM and I did pay another (yes.... I know....) coach - an IIFYM coach just for 2 months to reverse diet out of the bodybuilding diet I was on because of the danger of blowing up like a balloon after so much restriction.

I don't intend to keep paying someone to tell me what to eat and I have learnt A LOT from my two previous coaches and hope to learn from the current one too - plus I listen to my body and see what is good or bad for it and work with that aswell.

I think it is worth investing in as you can learn a lot and get results.

But look around and shop around before you commit. Look at different styles - do they give you restricted diet or is it flexible, do you think you can stick to a restricted diet (by restricted I'm not talking calories I'm talking eatin chicken, sweet potato and green veg 3x per day every day for example - not being able to swap sweet potato out for rice or whatever).

Good luck :)
  • 232good
    232good Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the input!! I feel like I am in that situation like you mentioned where I'm fit but the scale isn't budging. I just climbed 2 miles and 700 foot elevation today with my 35lb son on my back and yesterday did the same. I eat 1200 calories and I know I should probably need more for that type of fitness but the scale just isn't moving! Ha. Thanks for your input I will definitely look around before committing to one!!