Breakdown :(

Options
2»

Replies

• valerialeek
    valerialeek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Once you are down to the ideal weight, you can most certainly reintroduce those foods... Once a week or so
  • 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    At 410 calories a muffin if it's something you'd really like, I'd recommend doing it in a healthy way!

Get one, and cut it in half. Put half in a baggie in the freezer, and have the other half for breakfast. Defrost the second half overnight and have it for breakfast the next day :smile: 205 cal once a day isn't awful!

Take it from someone who has been on this journey (debatably) way too long.. if you deny yourself the foods that you love long-term, it will impact your goals in the long run.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Once you are down to the ideal weight, you can most certainly reintroduce those foods... Once a week or so

You don't have to wait that long. She can do it now if she wants.
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Why do we reward ourselves with food...we're not dogs lol. Include that muffin in your calories and enjoy it...even if it means eating salad for dinner because of it. If you want a reward, get your nails done or buy a book.
  • 220Dani
    220Dani Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is a lifestyle change - not a short sprint. If you have a breakdown over not having a muffin, eat the muffin. Feel guilty and savor it. Log it. Trim calories another day if you need to or get in an extra workout in the week to make up for it if you still have guilt.

Then google healthier pumpkin spice muffins you can make at home. It'll not only work on letting you control the calories but also buff up your cooking skills. I skimmed through the results and saw most of them are around 200 calories. You got this. Have your pumpkin spice and eat it too.
  • alphastarz
    alphastarz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does get somewhat easier! You find some new favorites as well. And if you go long enough, and try that thing you do "love", you might even realize you don't even like it that much anymore!!! When I'm upset about not having something I really like more than just one impulse... I find a way to make a skinny version, the free websites I found that I like and help me do this a lot are skinnytaste.com and the blogger chocolate covered Katie. You won't believe the pumpkin love craving creations these women have on their sites. Don't cry, get smart and get even. You'll be home baking a pumpkin muffin, healthy style soon and eating it guilt free.
  • alphastarz
    alphastarz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ps. You MUST try the pumpkin spice light dip with green apples on skinny taste especially... I might have to make myself a batch now too.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Chilli7777 wrote: »
    Why do we reward ourselves with food...we're not dogs lol. Include that muffin in your calories and enjoy it...even if it means eating salad for dinner because of it. If you want a reward, get your nails done or buy a book.

You're not supposed to reward dogs with food for the same reasons you're not suppose to reward humans. TBH, I'd rather be a dog who gets rewarded with food than a human who gets a reward I don't want.

OP, I've been there with Tim's muffins. I'm lucky enough to have a husband who is willing to go halvsies or support me on only eating half. Most of the time, I work it into my day. As long as you can stop at one treat, you won't put back on the weight.