Anyone have taken garcia cambodia supplements?! Help

Options
SO my stepmom gave me Garcia cambodia supplments to take with each meal? not to sure about these looked them up on the internet. SUpposidly there good for you. But I wanted to know some peoples experience with them as to weather or not they work? Help please and thank you

Replies

• akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    bump
  • Trevorcook91
    Trevorcook91 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am wondering the same thing. I saw this on the Dr. Oz show,but I am not sure if I want to try it.
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have taken them and I feel like they are not necessarily good for losing weight but good for not gaining weight when you are going to eat something of track -- because supposedly it helps your body metabolize excess carbs instead of storing. I will take them when I'm going out for drinks usually, sometimes when I go out to dinner or during the holidays. I have taken them 3x/day 30mins before meals and ate prettymuch whatever I wanted for like a month and I didn't gain...
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    Dont take it for extended periods of time, kind of like every other supp out there. Just cycle on and off 4-6 weeks at a time i wouldnt do more than 8 weeks at once
  • Flowerchildx92
    Options
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    SIDE EFFECTS: Garcinia is POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when used for 12 weeks or less. Long-term safety is unknown. Garcinia can cause nausea, digestive tract discomfort, and headache.

GARCINIA Uses & Effectiveness

Possibly Ineffective for:

Weight loss. Taking garcinia fruit rind extract doesn't seem to decrease weight, fat breakdown, or energy expenditure in overweight people. There is some mixed evidence that garcinia might help people feel full even when eating less, but it's too early to recommend garcinia for this use.

Insufficient Evidence for:

Treating worms and parasites.
    Emptying the bowel.
    Severe diarrhea (dysentery).
    Other conditions.

More evidence is needed to rate the effectiveness of garcinia for these uses.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I'd say no. I wouldn't take it that's for sure.