Not exactly new but finally putting myself out there to gain a sense of belonging :)

Options
I've been using my fitness pal for a few months now and I would say I'm about halfway to my body goal, but I've hit a plateau and its really messing with my momentum. I've recently started weight training to break through this plateau, as up until this point its been all cardio. I know its all mental on my part and that I will get through this but I don't know a single person who is going through a similar journey as mine. Looking for friends to help me stay motivated and to motive them as well. This is a hard journey and I've finally decided I'm ready to put myself out there.
This is me at my highest weight of 245 pounds
c1347yrffkvi.jpg
and this is me yesterday at 179 pounds
csfao7caeth3.jpg

Replies

• edup1975
    edup1975 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Great progress. Congratulations. You look great
  • 2MuchTyme
    2MuchTyme Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    WOW mouth gape......just keep doing what you are doing....
  • azpostal
    azpostal Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    You look great! I have had success with MFP too! I have done only cardio also and need to start some weigh training but keep putting it off.... I'm 55, a grandma, a wife, mom, and a 'mailman'! I'm sending you a friend request and we can motivate each other :)dnkl4g6orbd7.jpeg
  • blwhitfield22101
    blwhitfield22101 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Yes I've finally started weight training to mix things up. I'm only about a week into this new program so I'm hoping by the end of this month I'll see some changes. I'm also training for a 5k with the couch to 5k app and Im finishing week 3. You look fantastic! @azpostal
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    You must be doing it right, because it's working!

With the cardio you have been doing and the weight loss, the C25K should be fairly easy stuff. :smiley:
  • battyg1313
    battyg1313 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me people
  • bboyfyrestorm
    bboyfyrestorm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow. This thread is so inspiring. You look great! :smile:
  • want8me9bk
    want8me9bk Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You both look amazing!! Keep up the good work!!! :)