28 day diet

Options
13»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Lunch is just fruit? Sounds like a recipe for reactive hypoglycemia. Make the one fruit avocado lol.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    magick099 wrote: »
    This diet has proven to be impossible for me!! I can't seem to make it 2 days. I agree with you all this diet just is not healthy at all. I don't qualify yet for a nutritionist. I am over weights by 60 lbs. The idea of it he tells me, is to shrink my stomach, so I don't over eat at meal times. I have changed it more to my liking and what my body likes. I do the breakfast with the eggs and a whole orange.. and water. Lunch I kinda eat what I want..provided it's healthy, and dinner the same. I have lost 6 lbs. Portion control, calorie count, not so much carbs, and no yummy sweets. I have stopped the 28 day diet. I was just starving myself.

Awesome!
    OP: You mention in your profile that your thyroid "stopped working." Are you currently being medicated for hypothyroidism?

Also, I concur with everyone else. Your doctor (if he even *is* one) needs to lose his licence and you as a patient.

Yes! I am on Synthroid. My levels are good now. I have had a few thing going against me and gaining weight. My thyroid, menopause, and just getting older.

For me, I found losing weight during menopause easier than any other time in my life. Probably because I was older and paid more attention to portion control, and chucked all my younger experience of fad diets and friend's advice not to eat certain foods.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Extreme deficits aren't the ideal way to lose weight. Your body is smart so it will offset the calories taken in by reducing your metabolic rate to a crawl. Then weight loss will slow to a crawl too.
    Not to mention the loss of precious muscle mass.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    My doctor is an internal medicine doctor. Not a nutritionist. My insurance will not pay for me to see a nutritionist, because I have no medical issues caused by being over weight...such as diabetes etc. I had asked my doctor help with losing weight. He gave me that printed out diet. He said a few other patients who did it...did very well on it. After the 28 days, you can eat normal... but your body is use to eating smaller amounts. He never said he was a nutritionist. My insurance will not pay for me to see one. Good grief guys!!

Ask your doctor for a referral to a Registered Dietician. Nobody's insurance pays for a nutritionist, because anyone can call themselves one.
  • magick099
    magick099 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can not afford a registered dietitian. My insurance would pay for up to 6 visits, if I had a referral because I was diagnosed with a weight related diagnoses...which I don't have.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My general practitioner first went over what a "sensible daily calorie allotment" was with me about 5 years ago, and it wasn't anything special: 1800-2000 calories, and what portions should be fats, proteins, and carbs. It's really disturbing that your doc would put you on this extremely difficult diet. However, it looks like you've lost some weight just doing your own thing; keep at it and you'll do fine :)
  • Aplcr
    Aplcr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can not afford a registered dietitian. My insurance would pay for up to 6 visits, if I had a referral because I was diagnosed with a weight related diagnoses...which I don't have.

The Dietitian won't feed you. They won't be at your house in your kitchen weighing your food. There's no magic bullet.

You have a condition that many of us on here have, it's called "Whenever my elbow bends, my mouth opens". It's up to you and you alone to not shovel too much in when your "disease" happens.

Good luck to you!