Not a full success story but half way to body goal and a start to the rest of my life. w/pics

Options
I had a pretty average body type/weight up until the 5th-6th grade and only became aware of my size when I started to get bullied for being chubby. Until then my body was good to me. I could run and play without struggling to keep up, but as my eating habits turned into binge eating my average child body packed on the pounds. Eating tasty foods has always been a way for me to comfort myself. I endured A LOT of bullying growing up (even from immediate family members) and food was my comfort and then it became habit to turn to food when sad, mad, happy, stressed, and bored and the satisfaction gained through eating became addicting. So now at 26 years old I have no memory of recognizing that my body has ever been fit, healthy, or comfortable to live in. I became a mom for the first time at 22 years old to my son, and went through a stressful pregnancy with gestational diabetes and joint pain throughout. I had an emergency c-section due to the baby's distress, and though I was cleared from having had possibly developed type two diabetes my habits did not change. I became a mom to my daughter at the age of 25 (almost 26) and again had gestational diabetes. The pregnancy was horrible I was in constant pain and I knew that my weight probably had a lot to do with that. I didn't exersize, I didn't really eat right, and I cried from pain constantly. Its hard for me to admit but I 100% believe if i didn't have such a poor diet i wouldn't have had GD and my poor babies wouldn't have come out 9 pounds 3 ounces and 10 pounds 13 ounces respectively. They are both perfectly healthy but the guilt is real. My daughter was also born via c-section and my Dr. let me know if i ever wanted to have another child I would need to lose at least 50 pounds for safety reasons. My breaking point that I KNEW that I had to change right away was when my daughter was about two months and my husband had heated up a frozen pizza for lunch. He burned it so he only ate one slice. I wasn't even hungry but I love burnt pizza so I ate the rest of that entire pizza... by the end I didn't have that usual feeling of being 'stuffed' and that really scared me. My problem is I'm a snacker. I'll snack all day long but I won't sit down and eat a whole lot because I would become 'full' really fast. I HAD EATEN ALMOST AN ENTIRE PIZZA AND DIDN'T FEEL FULL!! I knew that I as on my way to becoming one of those woman so massive they can't walk. They were once my size what makes me think we are so different? I don't wan't to feel unhealthy, out of shape, and weak the rest of my young years as well as my whole life. I want to have enough energy to play with my children and meet my own physical goals. It is so very important to me to set a good example for my children and show them they don't have to settle with being unhealthy because that's the life they 'were meant to live'. It would break my heart if my children became bullied because of their weight and in turn turned to food for comfort. I'm doing this for myself and my family because we deserve the best version of me.
My highest weight was 245 pounds
figfy0iqjosz.jpg
My starting weight postpartum (after my daughter) was 236 pounds (starting picture was one week into my weight loss and 2 pounds lighter)
mfqlvwwrml9y.jpg
My current weight is 179 pounds (picture taken 2 days ago)
88nso2ma5hxx.jpg
My ultimate goal is to get down to 22% body fat or 136ish pounds

Replies

• 75poundstogo
    75poundstogo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congrats. We all start our jorneys beacuse of those deep things/feelings that we wish to change. I am 26 and one of the reasons I want to lose 75 pounds was to prepare for a healthy pregnancy in a couple years. Months ago I stumbled upon an hbo documentary about gestational diabetes. That filmed opened my eyes because I didnt understand how weight can negatively affect your health and babys health.

At the time I was about 200-210 lbs, curvy, a bit chunky in areas but not insanely unhappy with my weight/apperance. But when watching the film I was like a) I am at a unhealthy weight (reality check), and b) i need to be fit to set myself and my futuee baby up for a healthy life

Good work girl! Keep at it.
  • blwhitfield22101
    blwhitfield22101 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I wish I would have made those changes too before my pregnancies but I'm now totally dedicated to having a healthy now and future. The best of wishes for your health and future baby/babies :)
  • holliwood322
    holliwood322 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Remember, this will be your lifestyle, so nothing changes once you accomplish your goal. So proud of you because you will influence your children as well. :-)
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    you are doing GREAT!! Remember what @holliwood322 wrote. It's a long run, not a short race. You got this.
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    This was such an inspiring read. Your kids are lucky to have a mom who's working so hard to be healthy for them for years to come. Congrats.
  • mlalexand99
    mlalexand99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful!
  • blwhitfield22101
    blwhitfield22101 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It means so much to me to have so much encouragement and support. @fposte2016 I'm so glad I can inspire that comment made my day :)
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It means so much to me to have so much encouragement and support. @fposte2016 I'm so glad I can inspire that comment made my day :)

Totally! One big reason I'm here is so I can go into a second pregnancy one day much healthier than my first. Stories like yours make me keep fighting! You're awesome.
  • jayv85
    jayv85 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the journey so far! You're doing great.
  • terenceadavenport4265
    Options
    Your doing great! Keep it up. You look great!
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!