Coming over from WW

Options
Happy day after Labor Day! Am I the only one who overdid it a little this weekend? I am converting myself over from weight watchers this morning. I have had limited success with it this go around. I eat a lot of fruit, which is now free on WW, but it definitely has calories.... Has anyone else who has done WW recently had an issue with some of the changes?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

WW never made any sense to me. I mean, a large apple has nearly 200 calories. How does that not "count"? My body still counts it.

Take a look around in the Success Stories forum, and good luck.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    The way it works is that your "baseline" calories are closer to 1000/day, which allows for "free" fruit and veggies.

I did it back when it was Points Plus. I lost over 30 lbs this way, and it was wonderful! Then Smart Points came out, and I hated it. I felt like it took away all of my options. Points for something with sugar almost doubled, and I did NOT want to be on a low carb diet. If I wanted some jellybeans, I wanted some jellybeans - I shouldn't have to give up half of my lunch points to be able to have some, you know? Anyway, I quit (also: expensive to do something that I hated so much) and then gained back the 30 lbs. SIGH. So I'm here now, as well.
  • santandr77
    santandr77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I joined here while ago then back ww then back again. I much prefer this hun good lookxx
  • melissa570
    melissa570 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just came over from smart points too. I was successful and lost the 15 pounds I wanted to lose earlier this year. However, once I reached goal I found myself binging which I have never, ever done before. I think the program is too restrictive and seeing negative points if you do splurge a little is mentally defeating. So I have pretty much gained 10 pounds back. I am finding MFP is more easy for real life and the pounds are coming back off again but I feel satisfied.
  • ocaines2014
    ocaines2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hmmm- I kind of in between - I still have my WW
    App- but I also just d/l MFP- I am debating whether to switch or not. To me calories aren't just calories - it's what's in the food that counts. I think that's why WW To smart points - if a Big Mac is 500 calories- but 2 grilled chicken breast -brown rice and veggies are the same - then we should be eating the chicken. That's why WW are incorporating their point system based on more than just calories , carbs and fat.
    However- if I can track using MFP for free and it works - then why not? But I love that I can eat fruits and veggie and not count - it forces me to eat fruit - otherwise If I have to Count it- I won't eat it.
  • darciew2
    darciew2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That was totally me... Fruit eater on WW. I actually gained weight :)