Exercise calories

Options
I've only been doing this since yesterday and so far I'm loving it. Even had a bar of chocolate in my calories!! Since weightwatchers changed their plan it got really hard to fit chocolate in!

What I'd like to know is. Are the exercise calories I've earnt meant to be eaten? And still have a loss...... I've earnt around 500/600 calories each day but haven't eaten them. Will not eating result in more weight loss? I'm really new to the whole calories counting as I've always done points!
Thanx

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    If you put your stats into MFP correctly, the calorie goal given is how many calories you need to eat to lose weight according to your base activity level before exercise. So yes, you are intended to eat those calories back.

MFP is notorious for overestimating calorie burns, though, so you may start by eating 50-75% of them back and then adjusting up or down if your rate of loss is more/less than what you were aiming for.
  • Missbright14
    Missbright14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you put your stats into MFP correctly, the calorie goal given is how many calories you need to eat to lose weight according to your base activity level before exercise. So yes, you are intended to eat those calories back.

MFP is notorious for overestimating calorie burns, though, so you may start by eating 50-75% of them back and then adjusting up or down if your rate of loss is more/less than what you were aiming for.

Thank you xx