What's in my closet? Fat clothes and my self esteem.

Options
2»

Replies

• louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have this issue pretty regularly. So I recently turned all my XXL shirts into shopping bags. Then I went to the thrift store and found jeans that had sparkles on the butt.

I live in the south, farmers tans, flabby arms, muffin tops, thick legs etc. are pretty regularly shown off. I think it is because we are such large folk that we are more forgiving about such things. If you want, go ahead and wear your clothes, speak in a southern accent all night. Everyone will just find you charming and you wont have to worry about what they think of your body.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I can relate. My closet is full of things that appear baggy here and there
    or simply reveal areas in which aren't ready to be shown off so much.
    I try to not eat anything to comfort my frustrations due to wanting it
    all to improve that much. Let me add my closet looks like it exploded
    anytime I have to figure out just what to wear. ugh
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Well you could do what I did lose weight throw out ALL of your fat clothes, and then find out your pregnant and now have nothing to wear! I'm in this horrible clothing limbo right now.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    This is 100% me! I miss wearing those outfits and feeling confident and happy. Now I go through the whole wardrobe just praying that I find something that won't show all my fat rolls!
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Well you could do what I did lose weight throw out ALL of your fat clothes, and then find out your pregnant and now have nothing to wear! I'm in this horrible clothing limbo right now.

Now if this were an option to happen to me, I'd take two BC pills, that's
    me though. .. Gratz to your incoming family addition Idorsophila! :)
  • bisquickshawl
    bisquickshawl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD! I KNOW! My closet was finally cleaned out yesterday, but I went to a dinner party and this happened....

nou7pk.jpg