Trouble with the last 10 lbs

Options
Heart_Fit
Heart_Fit Posts: 63 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello everyone. .i have been on mfp since August 2014 and have slowly, but happy that I've lost a bit over 50 lbs. I am struggling to lose these last 10 lbs. For some reason i haven't lost a single lb since the beginning of July. I am so frustrated. I haven't changed anything drastically. I still do Cardio 3 to 4 times a week. Strength Training 2 times a week. I stay within my Caloric deficit, but Zippo is happening. I just increased my calorie up from 1270 to 1380 praying that this will help Since i seem to be still hungry after i eat most days. Im 5 3, 145, female. Can i please get some insight as to what i can do to jump start my weight loss again? Thanks in Advance!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Have taken a break from your deficit and just eaten at maintenance level for a couple of weeks. How accurate is your calorie counting? Do you use a food scale to weigh everything solid?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Are you using a food scale to weigh out all of your foods?
    Also, are you double checking everything you log in MFP against the nutritional info on the packages? This includes if you scan bar codes or use the green checkmarked "verified" entries..many of the ones in the database are wrong so always double check!
    Do you eat back exercise calories? If so, how do you measure your calorie burns?
    Do you have unlogged cheat meals or cheat days?
    Do you log everything, including calories from drinks, condiments, cooking oils, etc?
    Also, keep in mind..the last ten pounds are always slow to come off. I'm in the stage now...losing about a lb a month on average. This is the point where you really want to be as accurate as possible.
  • Heart_Fit
    Options
    @ QueenLiz99 n dragon_girl26...Thanks for the replys...I have not taken a break from my deficit. Yes, i Do use a food scale, but Not a Digital Scale and there lie may be some of my problems. Sometimes it seems if i weigh the same amount 2 different days, one day may seem like it was more food than the day before. I have questioned this in my mind. I Never eat back 100% of my calories.

I Do log Everything Everyday even if i go over. I Only drink Water Mon thru Sat, Unsweetened Tea on Sundays.

Would a Digital Scale be more Accurate and if so, Do you suggest any particular one?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Have you considered changing up the exercise a bit?

Since you have increased the calories, perhaps give this 3 weeks and see where you are. I do recommend a diet break as @queenliz99 mentioned when dieting for long periods of time. It is good for the body and the mind. Do this for a period of time, get refreshed and perhaps with a change in exercise, you will be back to dropping the last 10.

The last 10 is the hardest and while that may sound a bit cliche, logging accuracy becomes even more important than ever.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Digital Scale: I have a $20 Ozeri Touch II digital scale, more for the antimicrobial surface than the accuracy. With a plate of food on the scale, having tared the scale to reset the value of the weight to zero, I can add a small weight, about 10 grams of salsa. Then I can watch the scale as it slowly increases the value to 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... I gave up at 30. This only happens when a weighty object is tared and then a small amount is added. I lose weight.
  • Heart_Fit
    Options
    @ RoxieDawn, I will give the calorie increase a few weeks to see what happens. I Wasnt too long ago changed my workout Routine As i realize this could be helpful. While i know using 2 different scales doesn't help my cause, ive gotten so frustrated as of lately and had been using a digital scale and Analog Scale and i am getting a 5 to 6 lb difference. The digital scale which i had been using throughout my weight journey has completely gone Coo Coo going up and down since Early July.

The Analog scale is giving me much closer to my goal. I put weights on both and the digital is .5 higher. This is Sooooooo Frustrating to say the least, But i do appreciate ALL of your advice. Im still wondering is it better to use a digital food scale vs non digital food scale?

Guess im in the Questioning Mode of BOTH Weight and Food scales of DIGITAL vs ANALOG???

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    This is the digital scale I have, the OXO softworks food scale. Actually, I have two of these...one for home, one for work. Have used it for years and it works amazingly well:

http://www.target.com/p/oxo-softworks-food-scale/-/A-11144550
  • Heart_Fit
    Options
    @ Dragon_Girl26 n Jerome, I will Look into Investing in a Digital food scale this Week. ..Thanks a Million for the Advice Guys!