H-U-N-G-R-Y

Options
Feeling very hungry. I am sure its my body adjusting to less food. Had dinner about 30 minutes ago, just drank a glass of water... still feel like I could eat seconds and thirds.

I also went to the gym this morning and did some legs and shoulders. First time in over a year. I can do this. I can do this.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's all a learning process, you can do it!!
  • OneTwentyThree
    OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Just wondering, how do you feel when you are hungry ? Is it in your stomach, or you feel tired, light headed, etc? Or just cravings?
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I've done it once before... pretty successfully, but then life happened. :-( Regarding how I feel, like right now, my stomach feels almost empty - like it could still be filled. I think its more though in my mind because I would normally go get more to eat to satiate that feeling. No lightheadedness, not really tired (other than because I worked all day, lol).
  • queenliz99
    Options
    You didn't create too big of a deficit? What is your calorie goal for the day?
  • BeastField
    Options
    Goal is 1,990 calories per day, based on what I do during the day, and adding in me working out now. I work in a warehouse, lifting, bending, walking, pushing, pulling. I have an office that I get to sit in when I am not pulling orders and when I am entering invoices, etc. Today I also went to the gym before work.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm trying 16:8 intermittent fasting (IF) for the first time, which means I eat whatever I want within an 8-hour window. I've found it has dramatically reduced my appetite and I feel really full when I do eat.

Food with high volume helps too, like steamed kale, lentils, etc.

Good luck! You can do this. :)
  • queenliz99
    Options
    What do you have your activity set at? Sedentary or lightly active? What kind of workouts do you do at the gym? Do you eat some of the calories back?
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    JPBgrad98 wrote: »
    Goal is 1,990 calories per day, based on what I do during the day, and adding in me working out now. I work in a warehouse, lifting, bending, walking, pushing, pulling. I have an office that I get to sit in when I am not pulling orders and when I am entering invoices, etc. Today I also went to the gym before work.

I would think that's likely too low for you. I eat around 1900/day to lose weight and my desk job is basically sedentary (although I do take a walk a day, it's certainly not as much as you get working in a warehouse).
  • BeastField
    Options
    Actually, I am set to Active. I just started back at the gym today. I did Shoulders and Legs. Did Dumbbell Raises (front and lateral), 3x10x15lbs; Leg Press 3x15x283lbs; Leg Curls 3x10x55lbs. Then I did about 10 minutes of 3-4mph on the treadmill.
  • msandoval85
    msandoval85 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!!!!!
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    If your hungry, (hate to be so negative, but its true) you wont make it. Make sure you are hungry, and not bored. A little hunger is normal at first...but maybe you should look into other lifestyles. I am not telling you in any way, shape, or form to do as I do..everyone is different...but with keto, I literally am never hungry. Good luck
  • hollylee931
    hollylee931 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get the same way, but then I check my macros and I've likely gone a little too high or carbs accidentally, or am eating too little fat. Set your macros appropriately on mfp and document everything for a few days to get back on track and evaluate everything you're eating.... Also, keep in mind that you may not be drinking enough water? That's also something I notice when I'm feeling hungry.
  • terenceadavenport4265
    Options
    Just stay strong brother. Anything you set your mind to is possible. I seen a good comment above. Most of the time it's out of boredom.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Embrace the hunger!!! It will get better :)