Looking for advice on recumbent exercise bikes for people with back leg injuries

Options
c2111
c2111 Posts: 693 Member
edited September 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, im looking at getting a recumbent bike for exercise, I have lower back and leg injuries from an accident so cant mobilise well. So im thinking a recumbent bike as recommended for spinal injuries, folks like me. I have no experience with them, anyone with any advice, im considering this one, http://m.crazysales.com.au/online-lifespan-rb-1-recumbent-bike-117489.html?utm_campaign=Exercise+Bikes&utm_term=RB1&utm_source=getprice&utm_medium=cpc&aid=5&utm_source=getprice&utm_medium=cpc. Much appreciated for info thank you

Replies

• kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Only from gym and physiotherapy office. I would talk/check them out before purchasing. Good luck.
  • c2111
    Options
    I see physiotherapist tomorrow ill ask what they think, have a Dr check up as well so ill ask him too, i didnt think of that thanks
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    after you get the go ahead from your PT, check out craigslist or thrift stores for recumbent bikes, i see them for sale used all the time, for super cheap.
  • c2111
    Options
    Oo nice advice Sonya I canet get out to the stores but I'll ask hubby to have a look for me or I could phone around good idea thanks
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your budget is but in my experience the recumbent bikes used to Jim are better quality than what you could buy in the big box stores. Just to put things in perspective I have a bad back and arthritic knee that needs to be replaced and I had a double hip replacement done last year.

I've tried some of the recumbent bikes in the big box stores and they're not as smooth same thing with a spin bike I've tried to spin bike at the big-box stores and they're not the same like the spin bikes at the gym.

My honest opinion you need to talk to your doctor and your physical therapist for some recommendations good luck
  • c2111
    Options
    I saw them both today, physiotherapist gave the ok, Dr wants to wait for spinal review with surgeon. Hmmm, just cos I need another op by the sounds if it :( spinal surgeon in 2 weeks so ill check then