newby to nutrition/Day 1

Options
I made an appt. with nutritionist today. It was great and medical insurance pays for it. Have 32 pounds to lose.......and ahe has me on 1456 calories a day. She also introduced me to myfitnesspal
and considers it a great tool. So....I'm 5'8" and 182. My goal weight is 148. MY plan is not to discuss this with anyone except others like me on myfitnesspal who are on a plan. I'm also relieved to stop daily weigh ins. I will meet with her again September 26th, and she has me on a goal to lose 2 pounds a week. Hmmmm so, staying true to the plan and exercising should be the answer. Other plans have not worked. But I'm low on energy and want to eat according to the nutritionists plan, and not my own plan which never works.

I'm from Western Washington.

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    jeanbonter wrote: »
    I made an appt. with nutritionist today. It was great and medical insurance pays for it. Have 32 pounds to lose.......and ahe has me on 1456 calories a day. She also introduced me to myfitnesspal
    and considers it a great tool. So....I'm 5'8" and 182. My goal weight is 148. MY plan is not to discuss this with anyone except others like me on myfitnesspal who are on a plan. I'm also relieved to stop daily weigh ins. I will meet with her again September 26th, and she has me on a goal to lose 2 pounds a week. Hmmmm so, staying true to the plan and exercising should be the answer. Other plans have not worked. But I'm low on energy and want to eat according to the nutritionists plan, and not my own plan which never works.

I'm from Western Washington.

Welcome to MFP. Your nutritionist is a trained professional, so we'd want you to stick with the suggested plan. Here on this site we usually suggest 1 lb per week as a good weight loss goal, so don't get discouraged if the 2lb doesn't become a reality. Also noted you mention exercise, and you'll need energy for that. Energy comes from food, so you'll have to take care not to be too restrictive in your eating. How many times per week did she suggest you exercise?

Another feature of this site is Friend connections where we can congratulate and encourage each other in this journey together.