I Can't Control Myself

Options
I've gained about 20 pounds since last year that I've been wanting to get off for several months now but the problem is I can't stop eating. I love food, too much, I work out a lot but I'm always craving and I can't control myself. I might start the day pretty good but by the end of the day I'll eat double the calories I had in the morning. I love sweets and carbs, and I'm not strong enough to resist. Anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• txfyreflye
    txfyreflye Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've gained about 20 pounds since last year that I've been wanting to get off for several months now but the problem is I can't stop eating. I love food, too much, I work out a lot but I'm always craving and I can't control myself. I might start the day pretty good but by the end of the day I'll eat double the calories I had in the morning. I love sweets and carbs, and I'm not strong enough to resist. Anyone else have this problem?

hi there and simple answer: yes.
    I am a food addict. You may not be one, so don't think I'm telling you that we share the same problem. It's really something one has to match certain traits to know you have it. But cravings can be killer!

I won't offer you any nonchalant advice. I think you're actually feeling pain with this and for me to treat it lightly wouldn't be right. So maybe I can offer this tidbit.

Find alternatives that work for YOU. If you're like me, flavor means a lot and zuccini noodles simply do not replace real pasta.

And cold strawberries, while nice,simply don't replace German chocolate cake. There's something missing (like the chocolate and the cake!)

But there are alternatives. There's actually some very good recipes on here. And I've tried some of them with great success. My substitute for spaghetti pasta is Soba noodles (all the flavor, half the calories).

Anyway, if I can be of help let me know. And maybe we can help each other.

• shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have found that any time I tried to cut out food I like I craved them more. I eat chocolate cake, pasta bread, coffee mate in my coffee, and pizza and can still lose weight just by keeping the portions within my calorie goal. I would far rather have a smaller portion of something I really want than a bucket full of some sort of low calorie alternative.

Stop trying to give up those foods. Just eat less of them.