TMI: How long does it take for bloat associated to constipation to go away?

Options
Hey everyone,

Sorry this question is a bit of a TMI one, but I am having issues finding info online about this so I figured to ask here since I've had a lot of help on other questions. For the last 2 months or so, I have been having some issues with remaining regular due to medicine I'm on (Lexapro). I typically go twice a week, but that is not enough for my body. Currently I am bloated and my stomach hurts, due to the problem. I can feel the bloat and I hate weighing myself like this, but with being un-regular and bloated lately I don't even know how much I weigh anymore.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes to lose the bloat after one goes? Also, anyone know how to relieve this problem, especially when it's caused by medicine like Lexapro?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Replies

• JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You need to add a daily fiber supplement. If that doesn't help, use miralax. It's not harsh, and it's safe.
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Increase your fat, fiber and water to help move things along. Exercise, like walking also helps. Once you are going regularly, the bloat should dissipate.

• DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Have you tried probiotics and/or unpasturized fermented foods? They really do wonders for me.
  • RhiannonBecks
    RhiannonBecks Posts: 189 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have been a long time uses of Topamax and at first I had this problem as well. It is one of the very first listed side effects associated w/ the medicine unfortunately. Are you getting in enough water? Doctor recommended increating H20- Once I was diligent with my water intake, no problems since. :) Good luck!