fat burner supplements

Options
I have never tried fat burning supplements because I know there are be many side effects however, I am interested in hearing if anyone has had success with fat burners with little side affects. I am worried about anxiety and jitters.

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    The only truly effective fat burners are illegal.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The only truly effective fat burners are illegal.

And to add to that, it's because they are exceedingly dangerous - even while hospitalized under a doctor's care, people were dying from them.

Supplements are great for losing weight in the wallet area. A cup of coffee is as effective as most of the things you'll find being sold.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few. The only thing they burn is money.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    have no idea re their efficacy, but, you can just buy some acetyl-L carnitine in bulk and use that. That's the basic ingredient in them anyway plus caffeine.

my coach had me on oxyshred. I can't say whether it worked or not because a) I was doing 5000000000000000000000000000 hours of cardio on top of my weights and b) I was eating at a deficit

soooooooooo - I lost weight. and fast. Can't say whether the oxyshred (PLUS extra scoop of acetyl L carnitine and L Tyrosine) actually did anything though considering the above. Tastes good but :) And also helped me get up and walk at 5am when all I wanted to do was sleep for the rest of my life LOL
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If it's effective, it's not legal. If it's legal, it's not effective. And if it's effective, it has significant side effects.

Anything you can legally buy over the counter or via supplement stores is useless garbage hyped up by false advertising and often borderline fraudulent claims. The things which actually work are scheduled controlled substances and it's a felony to buy/possess them.
  • Birddog6424
    Birddog6424 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Denmark has a study running 20 plus years now on ephedrine and weight loss.

Not one single person has died from it. It's media BS hyped up and they always have to blame someone or something in America. Even if it's not true.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Supplements don't burn fat unfortunately. Companies upsell these products but the only way to burn fat is through diet and exercise.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    If there was a magic pill to make you burn fat, no one would be over weight...
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options

Except the poor who can't afford the magic pill and the people who don't care enough to research it.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I went through a "fat pill" stage years ago. The last EFFECTIVE one was ephedra + caffine + plus a few others.... basically it was speed. You weren't hungry and you didn't even want to sit down so you were constantly moving. Yeah, it worked, but it was obviously dangerous and stupid, which is why those old formulas are illegal now. The last time I took one (starting back after a lay off) I got light headed, began vomiting, racing heart rate, thought I was going to pass out. Last one I ever took and that about the time they were banned.

Please don't go down that road.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    srecupid wrote: »

Except the poor who can't afford the magic pill and the people who don't care enough to research it.

Obesity is such a big (no pun intended) problem for so many nations that I would imagine that governments or health insurance companies would be keen to provide the magic pills for free. Unless they were massively expensive it would work out cheaper.
  • ronrobinson1950
    Options
    My name is Ron Robinson. Friend of mine told me in June about a fat burning weight-loss coffee. I've been on it since June 4 I have lost 9 pounds and 11 inches. You can get information about it at: www.seethecoffeediet.info
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is the best fat burner
  • ronrobinson1950
    Options
    Inches lost around calf, thigh, waste, chest and upper arm
  • ronrobinson1950
    Options
    Total 5 1/2 inches around my waist alone
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I went through a "fat pill" stage years ago. The last EFFECTIVE one was ephedra + caffine + plus a few others.... basically it was speed. You weren't hungry and you didn't even want to sit down so you were constantly moving. Yeah, it worked, but it was obviously dangerous and stupid, which is why those old formulas are illegal now. The last time I took one (starting back after a lay off) I got light headed, began vomiting, racing heart rate, thought I was going to pass out. Last one I ever took and that about the time they were banned.

Please don't go down that road.

ECA stacks are fine, but they require mindful dosage, like anything else that actually works. It's this same fear mongering that's led to problems with the DMAA supply. Some idiots in the military OD on the stuff and have heart attacks, and suddenly a witch hunt starts. If we banned everything everytime someone overdosed on it, there'd be nothing available ever, including water.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Fat wallet burner supplements
    Inches lost around calf, thigh, waste, chest and upper arm
    Total 5 1/2 inches around my waist alone

Yes, I am totally sure that at burning supplements had something to do with this.
    *facepalm*
  • TNeha
    TNeha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    They are not fat burners but cash burners .I would rather suggest green tea , coffee and drinking warm water with lemon and a tsp of cinnamon in the morning . Cinnamon powder may have some side effects on some people .Check them before having it.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon powder just made me burp cinnamon.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    TNeha wrote: »
    They are not fat burners but cash burners .I would rather suggest green tea , coffee and drinking warm water with lemon and a tsp of cinnamon in the morning . Cinnamon powder may have some side effects on some people .Check them before having it.
    Do what I did. Discount Starbucks cards and walking to Starbucks. Get some good headphones and blast Metallica. After a few sips you'll walk like 5 miles happily. Fat burning coffee