Vacation - before and after losing weight

Options
Three years ago, I went to Costa Rica with my sister and had a blast. But, if I'm honest with myself, my weight and lack of fitness limited what we could do. We hiked, but it was hard. And when it came to the pictures we took, I didn't want to share any of me.

s1i62t.jpg

qz2fyb.jpg

2rxw2tz.jpg

A few months later, I started CICO, logging, weighing and measuring, and integrating exercise into my life. A year after that, I hit my weight loss goal and two years later have maintained an 80-ish pound weight loss.

I just got back from vacation in Iceland with my sister. We spent 10 days driving the Ring Road around the country, camping, hiking and taking pictures. And this time the pictures make me smile.

72rmf8.jpg

11ahimt.jpg

2n6ckug.jpg

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Now that's inspirational.. you look amazing! This is a real life example of why it is all worthwhile. Thanks for posting.
  • sassysisterjd
    sassysisterjd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, congratulations!!!!
  • AJF230
    AJF230 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great story. Its fantastic to see people taking control of their life and their health this way!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Great change. It was a vacation that first inspired me to lose weight many years ago as well. Congratulations on the loss!
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats!
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow ! Your story is so motivating and I really feel proud of you
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC - THIS is what it's all about! Not clothes, not ice cream, not drama, just living life with the best you :) Congratulations and thanks so much for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!