I just got dumped

Options
So last night I got the good ol' "it just doesn't feel right" talk and now I only want to eat is chinese food and drink coke.

What do you guys do when you get life altering bad news?

Also, feel free to add me- I'm always looking for support and motivation.

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is what you want to hear, but I'd increase my calories to maintenance right now. I'm not down with being stressed, sick, over tired, sad etc AND hungry.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    working out helps me to relieve stress and occupies my mind for a while.
  • BennettVicious
    BennettVicious Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That sound really rough. I'm sorry for you. :(

I'd say go for a bike ride. You'll feel better afterwards than if you give into your (very understandable) urge to eat and drink comfort foods.
  • beginforthelasttime16
    Options
    Thanks guys! I've always either binged or just lost my appetite all together and I want to avoid both of those!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'd probably do the coke and chinese food, but then set my alarm to get up and go to the gym tomorrow (if that's a thing you do). Mourn the relationship but try not to get completely off track.

If you think one night of bad food choices might end up derailing you, then I might consider eating other foods to maintenance and try to find something else to occupy your mind and hands. Bike riding, a hobby that you haven't done in a little while, etc.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Use it as motivation :) I know it's easier said than done. But in the end you win. You don't want to let someone else motivate you to go backwards.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your big weight you dropped :D

Do some boxing imagining his/her face o:)
  • brialger
    brialger Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Order your Chinese food and Coke for one meal but keep busy. Go to thr gym go to work go hangout with friends and family. Sitting at home and mourning will make you feel worse emotionally and make worse nutrition decisions. I'm sorry for the breakup :/
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I have never broken up, but I personally always go to my Higher Power for comfort and strength/wisdom in the midst of bad news. He then infuses me with the strength and information necessary to make the necessary changes.

Edit: although it is hard, I then proceed to take care of my body the way I normally would: eat right, sleep well, and exercise consistently if possible.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I lose my appetite and don't eat for days, so I have no advice. Sorry you are going through a sucky time. Just go with grieving and giving in today and get back on track tomorrow.
  • txfyreflye
    txfyreflye Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    So last night I got the good ol' "it just doesn't feel right" talk and now I only want to eat is chinese food and drink coke.

What do you guys do when you get life altering bad news?

Also, feel free to add me- I'm always looking for support and motivation.

Rejection of any kind can be disheartening. Whether its a relationship or people bullying you or just not being allowed to join in on something.

Last night I allowed it to get the better of me, too. But hey, at least it was 2 slices of pizza and not four!

One of the other posters here said to replace the urge to eat with something constructive that keeps you busy. He recommended exercise. Like, get up and take a walk (but not to the local pizza joint lol). Or maybe work on a project?

I don't know if you believe in God, but I do find myself yacking at Him as well. Not so much a "dear God" prayer as a conversation. But you can also come on here and talk to people as well.

Oh, for the record? Whomever it was that dumped you? They really messed up methinks. You're an honest person. Such a rarity nowadays!

Stay strong and stay long :)
  • txfyreflye
    txfyreflye Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    LOL Roxie thats great!
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    kd_mazur wrote: »
    working out helps me to relieve stress and occupies my mind for a while.

That's what I would do. Hit the gym twice as hard.